No announcement yet.

Energy-Telecom Bug report class 04/26/2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Contact information: "Referred by" doesn't have "*" indicates required field. After push the button "submit", data by "Referred by" is required.
    2. Contact information: Special characters are valid in "First name" after push the button "submit".
    3. Contact information: Special characters are valid in "City" after push the button "submit".
    4. Contact information: Data without "@" is valid in "Email" after push the button "submit".
    5. Contact information: Drop down list "State" has non-alphabetical order of states.
    6. Contact information: Drop down list "State" has incorrect abbreviation state Indiana ("IND")
    7. Contact information: Data incompatibility "ZIP" and "State" are valid after push the button "submit".

Comment

#1. Submiting Of "Service Review" requirs to use not required "Referred by" field
      #2. "First Name" field: accepting numbers and special signs instead of letters
      #3. "Last Name" field: accepting numbers and special signs instead of letters
      #4. "Street Address" field: accepting special signs instead of letters and numbers
      #5. "City" field: accepting numbers and special signs instead of letters
      #6. "State" field: missing two States - 48 instead of 50
      #7. "State" field: has an incorrect State abbreviation - IND instead of IN
      #8. "State" field: has a wrong item - BC from Canada
      #9. "ZIP" field: accepring not existing ZIP code: 00000
      #10."Email" field: accepting restricted for emails special signs
      #11."Email" field: accepting email address without required @ sign
      #12."Email" field: accepting email address without required dote (.)
      #13. "1. Cell Phone Service" section: possible to check two check boxes ( "I am happy with my current provider" and "I am open to using different provider") simultaneously instead of choose only one
      #14. "1. Cell Phone Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" field: accepting special signs and letters thru "Copy-Past" instead of numbers
      #15. "4. TV Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" field: accepting special signs and letters thru "Copy-Past" instead of numbers
      #16. Any numbered section, "My monthly bill is approximately" field: accepting special signs and letters thru "Copy-Past" instead of numbers

Comment

"Contact Information" Section

1. Tab order goes from first name to "referred by" column.
        2. "BC" should be removed from state drop down box.
        3. "Other" should be removed from state drop down box.
        4. Unable to type underscores in the "email" field.
        5. Tab order goes from "best way to contact me" to "current provider" drop down box.
        6. Tab order goes from "last updated my phone approximately" to "current provider" drop down box.
        7. On the "Gas and Electric Services" section there is a box that can be check off if the customer is open to using a new provider. There should be a space between "open" and "to."

Comment

1. "State" column: States are not listed in alphabetical order format.
          2. "ZIP" column: allows words input in addition to digits.
          3. Typo in sections 1 thru 7 of the word "approximately"
          4. Typo in "I am open to using different provider"
          5. Replace " i am open to using different provider" with "I am open to using different provider".
          6. Tab function jumps in "Contact Information" section: After "First name" to "Referred by" instead of "Last Name".
          Last edited by maximnvk; 05-01-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

#1. The default input field is inactive
            #2. In the section "Contact Information" the TAB is not in order
            #3. "Contact Information"/"State" drop-down menu should be sorted alphabetically
            #4. Sections "1-5 and 7"/"Current Provider" drop-down menu should be sorted alphabetically
            #5. Section "1. Cell Phone Service"/"Current Provider" is missing "Other
            #6. There is a typo in "I am opento using different provider"
            #7. Replace the "I am opento using different provider" with "I am open to using different provider"
            #8. "1. Cell Phone Service"/"Months left on current contract" the drop-down menu is missing 11th and 12th month
            #9. "Best Way To Contact Me" should be replaced with "Best way to contact me"
            #10. In "Contact Information"/"Phone" and "ZIP" should not accept non-digits

Comment

1. THERE IS NO DEFAULT INPUT FOCUS SPECIFIED IN THE FORM
              2. DIGITAL AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS DATA INPUT ACCEPTED INTO FIELDS:/"Contact Information/"First Name","Last Name',"City","Referred by" MUST CONTAIN ONLY TEXT SYMBOLS AND SPECIAL CHARACTER "-"(hyphen)
              3. ILLOGICAL TAB ORDER:/"Contact Information:/"First Name" TABS TO "Referred by"
              4. IN "Contact Information"/"State" DROP DOWN MENUE:
              • STATES ARE LISTED IN NON-ALPHABETICAL ORDER
              • DELETE OPTION "Other"
              • DELETE "BC" SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH STATE ABBREVIATION
              • REPLACE STATE "IND" WITH "IN" SINCE IT IS CORRECT ABBREVIATION FOR INDIANA STATE
              • STATES "HI"(HAWAII) AND "NV"(NEVADA) ARE MISSING
              5. INVALID INPUT (LETTERS) INTO:/"Contact Information:/"ZIP" FIELD
              ================================================== ================================================== ===================
              6. IN "1. Cell Phone Service"/"Current Provider" REPLACE CHECK BOXES FOR "I am happy with my current provider" AND "I am open to using different provider' WITH RADIO BUTTONS SINCE THOSE THO OPTIONS ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
              7. INVALID INPUT (LETTERS) INTO:/"1. Cell phone service"/"My monthly bill approximately" FIELD
              8. REMOVE "Select" OPTION IN DROP DOW MENUE:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Minutes on plan"(repetition of "Select")
              9. ADD DIGITAL INPUT FIELD:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Minutes on plan" WHEN OPTION "Other" SELECTED
              10. REMOVE "Select" OPTION IN DROP DOW MENUE:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Months left on current contract"(repetition of "Select")
              11. ADD"11" AND "12" MONTHS OPTIONS TO DROP DOWN MENUE:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Months left on current contract"
              12. REMOVE "Select" OPTION IN DROP DOW MENUE:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Number of phones on the plan"
              13. ADD DIGITAL INPUT FIELD:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Number of phones on the plan" " WHEN OPTION "More" SELECTED
              Suggestion: REPLACE OPTION "More" with "Other"AND REDUCE NUMBER OF PHONES TO 25-50
              OR
              SIMPLY PROVIDE DIGITAL INPUT FIELD:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"Number of phones on the plan"
              14. ILLOGICAL OBJECTIFICATION IN DROP DOWN MUNUE:"1. Cell Phone Service"/"I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately"
              Suggestion: REPLACE MONTHS WITH RANGE OF MONTHS, such as 1-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12 SINCE APPROXIMATE ANSWER DOES NOT REQUIRE EXACT AMOUNT OF MONTHS
              15. IN "1. Cell Phone Service" REPLACE CHECK BOXES FOR "I like my handset" AND "I am interested in updating my handset" WITH RADIO BUTTONS SINCE THOSE THO OPTIONS ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
              16. IN "1. Cell Phone Service" DISTANCE CHECK BOX OPTION "I am interested in a wireless card for my laptop" FROM ["I like my handset" AND "I am interested in updating my handset"'] SINCE THEY ARE NOT RELATED
              ================================================== ================================================== ===================

17. TYPO:"2.Local/Long Distances/International Service"
              18. ADD TEXT INPUT FIELD:"2.Local/Long Distances/International Service" WHEN OPTION "Other" SELECTED
              19. IN DIGITAL FIELD:'2.Local/Long Distances/International Service"/"My monthly bill approximately" REMOVE SPECIAL CHARACTER "."(dot) SINCE APPOXIMITY LOGICALLY ROUNDS UP TO THE FULL NUMBER
              Suggestion: AVOID REPETITION OF "My monthly bill approximately" APPEARED IN PART "1. Cell Phone Service" AND PART "2.Local/Long Distance /International Service"
              to be continued..
              Last edited by testingmode; 05-03-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

#1 Default Input Value is missing

Environment:
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Browser - Chrome 66.0.3359.139
                Steps to reproduce:
                1) Run "Energy Telecom" Application
                2) Start typing
                Observe: nothing is typed in as default input value is missing
                Expected Result:
                User should be able to start typing his name in "First Name" field
                Actual Result:
                User is not able to type anything in "First Name" field

#2 Tab Order logic is not appplied properly

Environment:
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Type your First Name
                3) Press "Tab"
                4) The input value moves to "Referred by" filed instead of "Last Name" field
                Expected Result:
                User should be able to type his last name as long as he/she presses "Tab" after typing his/her first name
                Actual result:
                User is not able to type his/her last name after he/she types first name. When pressing "Tab", input value moves to "Referred by" field

#3 Dropping menu is missing in "State" box
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Type information into "First Name", "Referred by", "Street Address", "City" fields
                3) Press "Tab"
                4) Press "Down" button on a keyboard to select a state from a dropping menu
                Observe: Dropping menu is missing. "Down" button gives an option to select a state by multiple presses until your state appears in a "State" field
                Expected result:
                User should be able to click "down" button and choose a state from a dropping menu
                Actual Result:
                User cannot choose a state from a dropping menu. He/she needs to press "down" button multiple times until he reaches his/her state

#4 User is not able to input cents in "My monthly bill is approximately" field
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Type $60.25 in "My monthly bill is approximately" field
                Observe: "My monthly bill is approximately" field gives an option to type only dollars without cents
                Expected Result: Both dollars and cents should be typed in unless the bill amount is only in dollars
                Actual Result: Cents cannot be typed in

#5 User doesn't have an option to choose more than 10 months contract in "Months left on the contract" field
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                1) Run "Energy Telecom" application
                2) Scroll down to "Cell Phone Service" section
                3) Click on "Months left on the contract menu"
                Observe: There are 0-10 months indicated. 11th and 12th months are missing
                Expected Result: User at least should be able to select between 0-12 months in "Months left on the contract" menu
                Actual Result: User can choose only between 0-10 months

#6 User encounters menu ambiguity in the "Energy Telecom" application form
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Step to reproduce:
                2) Scroll down to "Cell Phone Service" section
                3) Click on "Months left on the contract menu"
                Observe: There are 0-10 months indicated. 11th and 12th months are missing
                4) Scroll down to "TV service" section
                5) Click on "Months left on the contract menu"
                Observe: There are 0-24 months indicated.
                Expected result: User should have the same amount of months in both "Months left on the contract" menu in "Cell Phone Service" and "TV service" sections
                Actual result: Number of months differ.

#7 "Internation calls included" and "Long distance included" labels end with a question mark.
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Scroll down to "Local/Long Distances/International Service" section
                Observe: Internation calls included" and "Long distance included" labels end with a question mark
                Expected Result: Internation calls included" and "Long distance included" labels should end with a colon
                Actual Result: Internation calls included" and "Long distance included" labels end with a question mark

#8 The user is not able to clear the "Energy Telecom" form in case he/she needs to retype all information once again
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Fill in all fields
                3) Click on "clear" element
                Observe: Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer
                Expected Result: User should be able to clear the form
                Actual Result: All data cannot be cleared

#9 The user is able to send the form without email which is a required field
                OS - Windows 10 64-bit
                Steps to reproduce:
                2) Fill in all fields except "Email" field
                3) Click on "Send" button
                Observe: The form is sent without email information
                Expected result: The user should not be able to send the form unless all *required fields are filled in. An error message should appear.
                Actual result: The form is sent without all required information.

Comment

#1. Text field "Referred by": should indicate as a required field
                  #2. List box "State": "NV" (Nevada) state is missing
                  #3. List box "State": "IND" (Indiana) state is misspeled
                  #4. List box "State": "BC" should delete as non exisitng american state
                  #5. List box "State": "Other" should delete as is not applicable
                  #6. Text field "ZIP": accepts letters
                  #7. Invalid data (non digits) accepted: "Cell Phone Service"/"My monthly bill is approximately:" field
                  #8. Header "Gas and Electric Services"/"Current Privider:": should sort items alphabetically
                  #9. The user is not able to clear the "Energy Telecom" field with "Clear" button
                  Last edited by Gina; 05-09-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

#1. "Referred by:" doesn't have asterisk as "Required field", it is missing (* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by)
                    #2. "* Email:" is "Required field". asterisk should be red, instead blue
                    #3. no default button
                    #4. " TAB" order after first name going to "Referred by:", instead Last Name
                    #5. "First Name" and "Last Name" accept only 30 letters instead 31
                    #6. "First Name, "Last Name", "Street Address", "City" accept special characters
                    #7. List box "State" NV is missing
                    #8. "ZIP" field accept characters
                    #9. "ZIP" code field can be copy/past more than 5 characters
                    #10. " Phone" field can be copy/past characters ( letters)
                    #11. "Current Provider" list box missing AT&T provider
                    #12. "My monthly bill is approximately" field accept characters
                    #13. "Months left on current contract" list box has only 10 months instead 12 ( missing 2 months)
                    #14. "Primary Phone Number", "My monthly bill is approximately", "Total Bill" can be copy/past characters ( all fields the same about under $ )
                    #15. " I am opento using different provider" misspelling. instead "I am open to using different provider"

Comment

Contact information line:
                      First/ Last name' allows input digits
                      States' have multiple issues :a) not in alphabetical order b) Canadian territory ( BC)is included c) States HI,NV are missing d) gives u option to skip choosing the state.
                      phone' list lets copy paste and autofill
                      Zip Code' accepts letters too
                      email' lets submit the page without complete email

1.Cell phone service line:
                      current provider' list not in alphabetical order
                      monthly bill' list accepts letters
                      month left' list shows only 10 month
                      last apgraded' list shows 24 month

2.Distance
                      International calls included/Long distance included' have "?" mark

3.High Speed Internet Service line:
                      type of service 'provider' don't have drop box

4.TV Service line:
                      month left' list shows 24 month

5.Home Security Service:

7. Gas and Electric Services line:
                      "I am open to" is misspelled to "I am opento"

8.Comments line:
                      Comments box don't have limit for words.
                      Clear button not functional and "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!" drops when pushed

Last edited by BeeBee88; 05-05-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

TESTING ENERGY TELECOM FORM.

1. EMAIL field has no red asterisk next to it when SUBMIT button is pushed as per requirement.
                        2. EMAIL field accepts more than 255 characters.
                        3. REFERRED BY field is indicated as required field when SUBMIT button is pushed even though it is not a requirement.
                        4. ZIP field accepts more than 5 digits in the Firefox browser.
                        5. ZIP field accepts letters in Firefox and Chrome browser.
                        6. STATE field has BC as a choice, there is no US state with that label.
                        7. STATE field has HI missing.
                        8. STATE field has IND instead of IN.
                        9. STATE field is missing NV field.
                        10. STATE field shouldn’t have OTHER as a selection.
                        11. MONTHS LEFT ON CURRENT CONTRACT field has only12 months.
                        12. I LAST UPGRADED MY PHONE field should have shown I HAVE UPGRADED MY PHONE LAST TIME…
                        13. I LAST UPGRADED MY PHONE field should have a selection of years and months or just 12 months.(suggestion)
                        14. MY MONTHLY BILL IS APPROXIMATELY field accepts letters in the Firefox
                        15. CLEAR button gives "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!" message.

Comment

1. "First Name" content just 30 characters.
                          2. "Last Name" content just 30 characters.
                          3. "Street adress" content just 100 characters.
                          4. "State" non alphabetic order
                          5. "State" contents "IND" instead "IN"
                          6. "State" "Other" option is in alphabetic order instead of top of the list
                          7. "State" "BC" is not USA state (province of Canada)
                          8. "State" content just 48 USA states
                          9. "State" is required field but after pushing the "Submit" button is not requested to be filled
                          10. "ZIP" accepts digits and letters instead of digits only
                          11. After "ZIP" input nor "City" either "State" are calculated
                          12. "Email" field accepts all special characters including required, except the required "_"
                          13. "Email" field accepts more then 255 characters
                          14. "Email" is required field but after pushing the "Submit" button is not requested to be filled
                          15. "Referred by" non requred field but application requests to fill it.

Comment

1. No default input focus field is specified.
                            2."State" drop down list is not sorted in alphabetical order.
                            3."ZIP" data input field accepts letter characters; should only accept digits.
                            4."Email" data input field accepts all special characters, should only accept some.
                            5."TAB" logical order is broke; after "First Name" field switches down to "Referred By", then back to "Last Name" and follow its logical order.
                            6.In Cell phone service section ''My monthly bill is approximately" accepts letters, should be dollar amount in digits.
                            7.In "High Speed Internet Service" "Provider" input data field is disabled and duplicates "Current provider"
                            8."Referred by" should not be required field
                            9."Email" field is not required; should be required field
                            10. The application does not generate email as stated in requirements.
                            Suggestions:
                            1. disable copy/paste option in "ZIP" text field as it accepts all characters this way.
                            2. correct grammar mistake in States' abbreviations in the drop down list.
                            3. correct misspelling in section 7 "I am opento using different provider", must be "open to"
                            4. delete "Provider" field in section 3 as it disabled and duplicates "Current Provider" in the same section.

Comment

Environment Chrome 66.0.3359.139

#1. Field "Email" is indicated as the required field but after tab "Submit" button, the field has blue asterisk instead of a red asterisk.
                              #2. Field "First Name" accept just 30 characters, if we make copy-pasted 35 characters from any documents.
                              #3. Field "First Name" accept digits and special characters.
                              #4. Field "Last Name" accept digits and special characters.
                              #5. Field "Street Address" accept just 100 characters.
                              #6. Field "ZIP" accept 50 letters characters if we make copy-pasted from any documents.
                              #7. Field "ZIP" accept 6 digits if we make copy-pasted from any documents.
                              #8. Field "ZIP" accept more then special characters "-+/*=)(", if we make copy-pasted from any documents.
                              #9. Drop-down list box "State" has 49 the name of the states and one name state "other".
                              #10. Drop-down list box "State" word "other" is in the middle of the list.
                              #11. Field "Email" accept more than 255 characters.
                              #12. Fields "Phone" accept liters and special characters if we make copy-pasted from any documents.
                              #13. Field "Referred by" displayed in requirement list, after tab "Submit" button, but this field hasn't asterisk.
                              #14. Field "First name" after fill out begin small letter and press "Tab" button, the first name doesn't change on a capital letter.
                              #15. Fill out section "Contact Information" after tab the "Clean" button appear error message "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!"
                              #16. Section 1 "Current Provider" drop-down list box is missing the word "other"
                              #17. Section 1 "Cell Phone Service" In the line "My monthly bill is approximately" field "$" accept letters.
                              #18. In the bottom Section 1 "Cell Phone Service" can choose all 3 checkboxes.
                              #19. Section 1 "Cell Phone Service" "Current Provider" drop-down list box is missing provider "AT&T"
                              #20. Section 3 in the line "Type of service" after choice checkbox "Wireless Aircard " field "Provider" accept digitals and special characters.

Comment

Session 5 Home Work Assigment

#1 "First Name:" field accept no more 30 characters instead of 31
                                #2 "Last Name:" field accept no more 30 characters instead of 31
                                #3 "Street Address:" field no more 100 characters instead of 255
                                #4 "State:" list box remove "other" option from list box
                                #5 "State:" list box replace IND with IN
                                #6 "State:" list box HI and NV states are missing
                                #7 "ZIP:" field accepts more than 5 digits in Mozilla Firefox browser
                                #8 "Email:" field accepts more than 255 characters
                                #9 "Email:" field accepts space between characters
                                #10 "Email:" field has asterisk assigned but doesnt behave as it required field
                                #11 No default button in the form
                                #12 "Referred by:" field behaves as it is required field
                                #13 "Clear" button does not clear the form
                                #14 "Clear" button turn out with error message : "Error 17896 - Invalid data request..."
                                #15 "My monthly bill is approximately: field accepts non-digits
                                #16 Inconsistency GUI implementation between "Clear" and "Submit" buttons
                                #17 Section "Comments" allows to manual modification input field borders
                                #18 Section "Gas and Electric Services" typo in "I am opento using different provider"

Comment

Working...
                                X