Energy-Telecom Service Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy-Telecom Service Review

"Energy-Telecom Service Review" GUI testing.
    OS Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit). Version: 1709. OS Build 16299.492.
    Internet browser: Google Chrome v.68.0.3440.106

"Contact Information" area.

1) "Best Way to Contact Me" takes two lines. Should be on one line;
    2) Field "First Name" field allows to type numbers;
    3) Field "First Name" field allows to type special symbols;
    4) Field "Last Name" field allows to type numbers;
    5) Field "Last Name" field allows to type special symbols;
    6) Field "Street Address" field allows to type special symbols;
    7) Field "City" field allows to type numbers;
    8) Field "City" field allows to type special symbols;
    9) Field "State" starts from "BC". That state doesn't exist;
    10) Field "State" starts from "BC". Should be in alphabetical order;
    11) Field "State": should be "DC" between "DE" and "FL";
    12) Field "State": state "GU" is missing;
    13) Field "State": state "HI" is missing;
    14) Field "State": state "IND" is wrong. Should be "IN";
    15) Field "State": state "HV" is missing;
    16) Field "State": state "PR" is missing;
    17) Field "State": option "Other" is on the middle of the list. Should be on the end of the list;
    18) Field "ZIP": doesn't allow to type f.e. "11111-1234", but allows to copy/paste "11111-1234" and takes it;
    19) Field "ZIP": the highlighted number can't be overtype;
    20) Field "ZIP" should be broken out into two fields (one five digits long, and one four digits long, separated by a hyphen). (Usability Guidelines 13:12 Partition Long Data Items)
    21) Field "Email": takes any text, even without "@";
    22) Field "Email": takes a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&";
    23) Field "Referred by" allows to type numbers and takes it;
    24) Field "Referred by" allows to type special symbols and takes it;
    25) By pushing <TAB>, the cursor activity switches from the field "First Name" to "Referred by". Should switch to "Last Name";
    26) Field "Referred by" not long enough or allowed length of text is too long (Usability Guidelines 13:8 Allow Users to See Their Entered Data);
    27) Field "Phone" should has "ext." field (Usability Guidelines 13:8 Allow Users to See Their Entered Data).
    Last edited by alednev; 09-07-2018, 09:32 PM.

"1. Cell Phone Service" area.

1) Instead a check boxes for "I am happy with my current provider" and "I am open to using different provider" it should be a radio buttons;
    2) If the field "Select one" left blank, then both radio buttons (above) should be disabled;
    3) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to type letters and takes it;
    4) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
    5) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" not long enough or allowed length of text is too long (Usability Guidelines 13:8 Allow Users to See Their Entered Data)
    6) Field "Months left on current contract:" has 10 months only. Should be 12;
    7) "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately:" takes two lines. Should be on one line;
    8) Instead a check boxes for "I like my handset" and "I am interested in updating my handset" it should be a radio buttons.

Comment

"2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" area.

1) If the required field "* Primary Phone Number:" left blank, the form submission goes through. It should be an alert message on top of the page;
      2) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
      3) Field "Bundled with:" should has one of the options active by default;
      4) Field "Total Bill" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
      5) Field "Total Bill" allows to copy/paste a letters and takes it;
      6) Fields "International calls included?", "Long distance included?", "I am interested in Unlimited Calling:" should have the radio buttons "No" active by default;
      7) "I am interested in Unlimited Calling:" takes two lines. Should be on one line;
      8) Field "Primary Phone Number:" should has "ext." field (Usability Guidelines 13:8 Allow Users to See Their Entered Data).

Comment

"3. High Speed Internet Service" area.

1) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
        2) Field "Provider:" allows to type a numbers only and takes it;
        3) Field "Provider:" allows to type a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
        4) Field "Bundled with:" should has one of the options active by default.

"4. TV Service" area.

1) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it;
        2) Field "Bundled with:" should has one of the options active by default.

"5. Home Security Service" area.

1) Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as "$#%!~^&" and takes it.

Comment

"7. Gas and Electric Services" area.

1) Field "My monthly bill is approximately (summer):" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as /$#%!~^&/ and takes it;
          2) "My monthly bill is approximately (summer):" takes two lines. Should be on one line;
          3) Field "My monthly bill is approximately (winter):" allows to copy/paste a special symbols such as /$#%!~^&/ and takes it;
          4) "My monthly bill is approximately (winter):" takes two lines. Should be on one line;
          5) "I am opento using different provider" has a mistake - "opento". Should be "open to".

The bottom line.

The button "Clear" doesn't work. If the button pushed, then message shows up "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!".

Comment

Additional recommendations.

1) There is no warn of "Time Outs" (Usability Guidelines 2:15). Let users know if a page is programmed to 'time out,' and warn users before time expires so they can request additional time;
            2) There is no Printing Options (Usability Guidelines 2:15);
            3) All the select fields don't have a quick search by typing the first letter;
            4) All the descriptions on the left should be aligned right. (Usability Guidelines 13:5 Label Data Entry Fields Clearly) and (13:7 Put Labels Close to Data Entry Fields)

Comment

Working...
            X