No announcement yet.

Energy-Telecom bug report class December 6 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report in GUI for Energy-Telecom Service Website.

1. TAB order goes on wrong way after:

- "First Name" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "Bundled with" check box (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "International calls included?" check box (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "Long distance included?" check box (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "I am interested in Unlimited Calling" check box (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "Type of service" in "Cable" and "Wireless Aircard" check box (in "High Speed Internet Service");
    - "Bundled with" check box (in "High Speed Internet Service");
    - "Bundled with" check box (in "TV Service").

2. Default values wrong in next fields:

- "Last Name" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "City" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "ZIP" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "My monthly bill is approximately" (in "Cell Phone Service").

3. Capital letter must be just in first word, but requirement is not satisfied in next name of fields:

- "Last Name" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "Street Address" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "Best Way To Contact Me" field (in "Contact Information");
    - "Current Provider" (in "Cell Phone Service");
    - "Current Provider" (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "Primary Phone Number" (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "Total Bill" (in "Local/Long Distances/International Service");
    - "Current Provider" (in "High Speed Internet Service");
    - "Current Provider" (in "TV Service");
    - "Current Provider" (in "Home Security Service");
    - "Current Provider" (in "Gas and Electric Services").

4. When pick "Other" in field "Minutes on plan" in "Cell Phone Service", you can't write amount of minutes anywere.

5. Missed space between "open to" in check box "I am opento using different provider" in "Gas and Electric Services".

6. When you push "Clear" bottom pups up error window.
    Last edited by Konstantin_Kuznetcov; 12-10-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review bug report
      1 Spelling mistake in the top second sentence (run-on sentence: missing comma after form,)

===================Contact Information====================
      2. Incorrect TAB order
      3. Best Way To Contact Me: list is out of alphabetical order
      4. First Name, Last Name, City and Referred by text fields accept numbers and symbols
      5. Street Address text field is accepted symbols
      6. Referred by text field not marked as a required, however application is not accepted without filling this field
      7. There is no DEFAULT BUTTON
      =================== Cell Phone Service=====================
      8. Current Provider list box is out of alphabetical order
      9. My monthly bill is approximately text field is accepted letters
      10. Months left on current contract list box contains 10 out of 12 months
      11. Current Provider checklist accept checking opposing responses
      ============Local/Long Distances/International Service=========
      12. Current Provider list box is out of alphabetical order
      13. Incorrect TAB order
      14. International calls included? label does not have colon character
      15. Long distance included? label does not have colon character
      ================== High Speed Internet Service===============
      16. Current Provider text field accept symbols
      17. Incorrect TAB order
      ==================== TV Service===========================
      18. Current Provider list box is out of alphabetical order
      19. Incorrect TAB order
      20. Inconsistency between checkbox formats. Observe: I currently have checkbox accept checking both options, but does not have Both button as other checkboxes
      ====================Home Security Service====================
      21. Incorrect TAB order
      22. Current Provider list box is out of alphabetical order
      =================== Gas and Electric Services===================
      23. Current Provider list box is out of alphabetical order
      24. I am opento using different provider label has spelling mistake (open to)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Elena Tikhonova; 12-11-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

========= Energy-Telecom Online Form Bug Report ============ Contact information 1) large indent between phone text box - email text box 2) in fallen out "state" box first offered choice BC instead DC Cell phone service 1) allows to mark all question boxes instead making the one choice 2) in section" Number of phones on plan " when you pick " more " it does not give you access to type number what you need. Gas and Electric Services 1) In last line " I am opento using different provider " missing space in word OPENTO .

Comment

Multiplication symbol indicates required fields but if you fill out all required fields except the "Email" and push "Submit" button, the "Email" won't be a required field anymore.

Besides that, "Referred by" field becomes required but it doesn't have a multiplication symbol.

After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Referred by" instead of "Last Name."
          After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Current Provider" to "Current Provider" instead of "Last Name"
          After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Last Name" instead of "Current Provider" when typing in the "Referred by" field.

Missing states in the "State" field. "Other" should be removed.

"Email" field accepts non-existent emails.

"My monthly bill is approximately" accepts letters.

"Months left on current contract" has 10 months instead of 12.

"I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately: months" needs to have "ago" after "months."

The default input focus doesn't go to "TV" and "Both" from "Internet" field.
          The default input focus doesn't go to "No" from "Yes" field in "International calls included?", "Long distance included?", "I am interested in Unlimited Calling."
          The default input focus doesn't go to "Pnone" and "Both" from the "TV" in "Bundled with."

The "Type of Service" can be checked twice.

" I am opento using different provider" needs to have spacing between "open" and "to."

When pushing on the "Clear" button, there is an error.

Comment

Windows 10, Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

Screen Title "Energy-Telecom Service Review"

Defects found:

Subtitle "Contact Information"

1. Default input focus is not assigned to the first name field.
            2. In the "ZIP" field the replace function does not work. When incorrect value is submitted, then highlighted with a mouse
            and keyboard input made, the value is not replacing.
            3. The button "Clear" does not clear the content and shows the incorrect error message when executed.
            4. The "First Name" and "Last Name" fields accept and successfully submit non-letter symbols such as digits and "%$#@$$".
            5. In the "Email" field it does not verify if correct email has been submitted with "@" symbol.
            6. "Email' field does not have the appropriate length limit, too long.
            7. "State" drop down menu list is not in the alphabetical order.
            8. "Referred by" text field does not have the appropriate length limit.
            9. The form can be successfully submitted with the only "Contact Information" section completed with the redirection to another window with the message
            "Thank you for participation!".
            10. Tab order needs no be fixed to go from the "First Name" text field to "Last Name" text field and so on.

Subtitle "1. Cell Phone Service"

1. The form accepts both check boxes being checked for:
            "I am happy with my current provider"
            and "I am open to using different provider".
            2. The field "My monthly bill is approximately" accepts non-digit values.
            3. The field "My monthly bill is approximately" has length of 11 characters, about 6 characters reasonably should be enough.
            4. "Minutes on plan" - when the "Other" is selected a new text field should appear to receive the input value from the user.
            5. "Months left on current contract" - missing values "!!" and "12" - 12 months in a year.
            6. "Number of phones on plan" should be changed from the drop down menu to the text field instead.
            7. "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately" should be changed from the drop down menu to the text field, accepting digit values only up to 2 characters max.
            8. The question regarding the handset is missing and needs to be added on top of the check boxes regarding to the hand set.
            9. "I am interested in a wireless card for my laptop" - the check box needs a separate question regarding to this.
            10. Both check boxes can be checked for
            "I like my handset"
            "I am interested in updating my handset"

Subtitle "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service"

1. "My monthly bill is approximately" field needs to be limited to 6 characters.
            2. "Total Bill" field needs to be limited to 6 characters.
            3. "International calls included?" and "Long distance included?" labels - the question mark (?) need to be changed to the colon (.

Subtitle "3. High Speed Internet Service"

1. "My monthly bill is approximately" field needs to be limited to 6 characters.
            2. "Type of service" label - radio buttons for "Cable", "Dial-up", "DSL" when selected the "Provider" text field is not active.
            3. "Wireless Aircard" check box needs to be changed to a radio button for consistency with the other options "Cable", "Dial-up", "DSL".
            4. "Provider" text field needs to be limited to 30 chars max.

Subtitle "4. TV Service"

1. "Current Provider" - when "Other" is selected in the list a new text field needs to appear to get the user inpute.
            2. "My monthly bill is approximately" field needs to be limited to 6 characters.
            3. "Bundled with" needs to be removed, as it was already in the "3. . High Speed Internet Service" section.
            4. "I currently have" - both check boxes can be checked.

Subtitle "5. Home Security Service"

1. "My monthly bill is approximately" field needs to be limited to a reasonable 6 chars max.

Subtitle "7. Gas and Electric Services"

1. "My monthly bill is approximately (summer)" and "My monthly bill is approximately (winter)" fields need to be limited to 6 characters.
            2. "I am opento using different provider" - missing space between "open" and "to" in the label.

Subtitle "8. Comments"
            1. The text field needs to be limited, it accepts the unlimeted text.

Comment

Multiplication symbol indicates required fields but if you fill out all required fields except the "Email" and push "Submit" button, the "Email" won't be a required field anymore.

Besides that, "Referred by" field becomes required but it doesn't have a multiplication symbol.

After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Referred by" instead of "Last Name."
              After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Current Provider" to "Current Provider" instead of "Last Name"
              After using the TAB key, the default input focus goes to "Last Name" instead of "Current Provider" when typing in the "Referred by" field.

Missing states in the "State" field. "Other" should be removed.

"Email" field accepts non-existent emails.

"My monthly bill is approximately" accepts letters.

"Months left on current contract" has 10 months instead of 12.

"I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately: months" needs to have "ago" after "months."

The default input focus doesn't go to "TV" and "Both" from "Internet" field.
              The default input focus doesn't go to "No" from "Yes" field in "International calls included?", "Long distance included?", "I am interested in Unlimited Calling."
              The default input focus doesn't go to "Pnone" and "Both" from the "TV" in "Bundled with."

The "Type of Service" can be checked twice.

" I am opento using different provider" needs to have spacing between "open" and "to."

When pushing on the "Clear" button, there is an error.

Comment

1. There is no default input focus when you start
                2. Contact Information Section:
                1. Tab order is not logical (it goes to "referred by" field right after "First Name")
                2. In "State" check box: BC - there is no such state in USA
                IND - spelled wrong
                OTHER - should be in the end
                3. Cell Phone Service Section:
                1. "Current Provider" checkbox - "OTHER" is missing
                2. "Month left on the contract" checkbox - should have at least 12 months
                3. "My monthly bill" - doesn't accept special characters such as "."
                4. High Speed Internet Section, TV Services Section, and Home Security Service Section:
                1. "Current provider" - the list is not in alphabet order
                5. Gas and Electric Section:
                I am opento is misspelled. It should be "I am open to"
                6. Clear button is not working. When you push "clear" button is gives an error message.
                7. After submitting the form with leaving "referred by" field blank, the system does't allow to submit indicating that that field has to be filled out even though there is no "*" character next to it, meaning that the field is not necessary to fill out.

Comment

please find the list of bugs attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

My bugs report is attached
                    Attached Files

Comment

1. There is no default input focus

2. Section 'Contact Information'
                      Tab order is wrong.
                      After text field 'First Name' goes text field 'Referred by' than 'Last Name'

3. Section 'Contact Information'
                      Dropdown menu 'State' has Canadian state 'BC'

4. Section 'Contact Information'
                      Dropdown menu 'State'.
                      Missed USA state Nv (Nevada)

5. Section 'Contact Information'
                      Dropdown menu 'State'
                      Item 'Other' goes in the middle of the menu.

6. Section 'Cell Phone Service'
                      Data input field 'My monthly bill is approximately:' accepts letters.

7. Section 'Gas and Electric Services'
                      Checkbox 'I am opento using different provider' has mistake 'opento'
                      Last edited by avgalievskaya; 12-11-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Energy-Telecom Bug Report

1. None of the fields get default input focus:
                        - Typing goes nowhere instead of going to "First Name" text input field.

2. TAB order is incorrect in "Contact Information" Section:
                        - After "First Name" text input field it skips to "Referred by" instead of "Last Name".

3. TAB order is incorrect in "Contact Information" Section:
                        - After "Me" drop down list it skips to "Referred by" text field.

4. Unsorted list of states in "Contact Information" Section:
                        - Drop down list of States is not in alphabetical order.

5. Input field error in Section 1 "Cell phone service":
                        - Input field for "My monthly bill" allows all characters.

6. Grammar error in Section 7 "Gas and Electric Services":
                        - "open" and "to" words are conjuncted.
                        Last edited by NadyaR; 12-11-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review bug report:
                          1. In "Contact Information", tab Order is not logical. After "First Name" field it should go to "Last Name" field instead of "Referred by" field.
                          2. In drop down menu for "State:", list box, it shows only 48 states. HI and NV states are missing, plus one of them is BC,
                          which is not part of the USA.
                          3. In "State:" list box "Other" Should be moved at the buttom of the list.
                          4. In "State:" list box IND should be replaced with IN state abbreviation.
                          5. In "TV Service", Section 4, "Current Provider" list box is not in alphabetical order.
                          6. "Clear" button doesn't work. It doesn't clear the form. It brings up a window with error message.
                          7. "Email:" label assigned as a required field, but it doesn't behave as if it is a required field.
                          8. "Referred by" label behaves as it is a required field, even though it is not.
                          9. In section 7, "Gas and Electric Services" there is typo in "I am opento using different provider" check box.
                          10. Section 3, "High Speed Internet Service", in "Current Provider:" list box, not all of the providers are in alphabetical order. (For example, "Qwest").

Comment

1. No default input focus in the "First Name:" field after opening the form.
                            2. The default input focus moves from "Fist Name:" field to "Referred by" after pressing the TAB button.
                            3. The "City:" field accepts numbers after typing numbers.
                            4. The default input focus moves from the "Best Way To Contact Me:" drop down list box to the "Current Provider:" drop down list box after pressing the TAB button.
                            5. The "My monthly bill is approximately:" field accepts letters after typing letters.
                            6. The JavaScript error message is shown on the site after clicking the "Clear" button.

Comment

1. No default Button in the form
                              2. Dropbox lists "Months left on current contract", "Number of phones on plan", "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately", "Number of receivers" and "Months left on plan" data loss when we choose one list item each dropbox list and then press "Submit" form

Section "Contact Information"
                              3. Broken TAB order moves "First Name" to "Referred by" text field instead moves "Last Name" to "First Name" fields
                              4. "First name" field accepted only 30 characters instead 31
                              5. "Last name" field accepted only 30 characters instead 31
                              6. "Street Address" field accepted only 100 characters instead 255
                              7. Dropdown list box "State" involved Canadian State "BC"
                              8. Dropdown list box "State" involved list item "Other", but we have all State in list box
                              9. Dropdown list box "State" misspelling name state IND instead of ID (Idaho)
                              10. Dropdown list box "State" is missing HI (Hawaii State)
                              11. Dropdown list box "State" is missing NV (Nevada State)
                              12. "ZIP" field allow accept copy-paste special characters in the field
                              13. "ZIP" field allow accept copy-paste more symbols more 6
                              14. If we leave filed "Email" is empty and after that push the button "Submit", we don't have mention about "Email" should be required field In an error section
                              15. "Email" field doesn't mark red asterisk when we leave field empty and push the button "Submit"
                              16. "Email" field accept all special characters
                              17. "Email" field accept email without @ symbol
                              18. "Email" field doesn't accept allowed _ special characters
                              19. "Email" field accept two @@ special characters (for example: a@a@a.com)
                              20. "Email" field accept only @ special character
                              21. "Phone" field accept copy-paste letters and special characters
                              22. "Referred by" field behaves as a required (not displayed the asterisk) field when we leave the field is empty and then push the button "Submit"

Section 1 "Cell Phone Service"
                              23. Dropdown list box "Months left on current contract:" missing two last month's 11 and 12
                              24. Dropdown list box "Current Provider" is missing "AT&T"
                              25. Dropdown list box "Current Provider" needed list item "Other"
                              26. Dropdown list box " Months left on current contract" should be 0-23 instead 0-10

Section 5 "Home Security Service"
                              27. Checkbox "I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information." contains dot at the end of the sentence, another checkboxes do not contain dot

Section 7 "Gas and Electric Services"
                              28. Checkbox sentence "I am opento using different provider" instead "I am open to using different provider"

29. Clear Button doesn't clear the form.
                              30. Clear Button confusing error message: "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!"
                              31. Different size and font size buttons between "Clear" and "Submit"
                              Last edited by Neo_34; 01-02-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Section 1
                                1. "First Name" label accept numbers
                                2. Default button doesn't work for every field
                                3. "Last Name" label accept numbers
                                4. TAB order after "First Name" goes to "Referred by"
                                Section 3
                                5. "Type of service" label incorrect for "Provider" lable, TAB order doesn't work for "Provider" label
                                6. Error message show on the site after clicking the "Clear" button

Comment

Working...
                                X