X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy-Telecom Bug Report
    Attached Files

Comment

1. There is no default button on the page. The button "Submit" is supposed to be the default button.

2. There is no field that gets the default input focus on the page. The field "First Name:" can be the default input focus.

3. In the section "Contact information" the tab order is incorrect: after the field "First Name:" the field "Referred by:" follows instead of the field "First name".

4. In the section "Contact information" the label "Best Way To Contact Me" should contain preposition "to" in lower case letters as it could be read easily as "Best Way to Contact Me".

5. In the section "Contact information" the drop-list box "State" should be sorted in alphabetical order except item "Other" that should be the last.

6. In the section "Contact information" in the list box "State" the item "IND" should be shown as the correct two-letter abbreviation of Indiana state "IN".

7. In the section "Contact information" the field "Email:" should come without asterisk ( * ) as a required field because the source code allows to submit the form without data in this field.

8. In the section "Contact information" the field "Referred by:" should come with asterisk ( * ) as a required field because the source code doesn't allow to submit the form asking to enter the name of the person.

9. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" the list box "Months left on current balance:" should be move to the left to increase space between the list box and the label "Number of phones on plan:". It would be logical to move to the left also the data input field "My monthly bill is approximately:", the list box "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately:" and the label "months".

10. In the section "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" the label "International calls included?" should be ended up with colon ( : ) instead of the question mark.

11. In the section "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" the label "Long distance included?" should be ended up with colon ( : ) instead of the question mark.

12. In the section "3. High Speed Internet Service" the check box "Wireless Aircard" should be moved to the left to be under the radio button with label "Cable".

13. In the section "5. Home Security Service" the check box label "I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information." should be ended up without a dot ( . ) like the check box labels in other sections are named without any dots.

14. In the section "7. Gas and Electric Services" there is a mistake in the label of the check box "I am opento using different provider". "open" should be written separately as "open to".

15. In the section "8. Comments" the size of the font in the field should be bigger like the size of the font in other data input fields.

16. The size of the push button "Clear" is supposed to be the same as push button "Submit" has.

Comment

1.There is no Default input focus when page is open.
        2 .TAB key moves input focus from "First Name" field to "reffered by" field instead " Last Name"field.
        3." In the "State dropdown list box second item is not in alphabetical order.
        4."Clear" button when is pushed does not clear the data
        5. "Clear" button when is pushed generates error message : "Error -17896"

Comment

General:

Tab selection is erratic. jumps from first name to "referred by" at the bottom of the section.
          All telecom selections for "other' do not allow for manual entry
          Clear button does not clear the form, provides an error instead.
          BC is listed under states
          Indiana abreviation should be IN, not Ind
          Referrred by is listed as a required field when submitting, but is not denoted with an asterisk.
          Email has an asterisk and should be required, but does not deliver an error when omitted.

Section 1
          "I am open to using different carrier" should read: "I am open to using a different carrier"
          Number of phones on plan goes to 100, which is excessive for most users
          Minutes on plan have odd values, jumping from 30 to 200. A manual fill in box may be more appropriate
          Months left on current contract goes to a maximum of 10. Should be an manual entry form, or go up to 24 months assuming a standard contract.
          "I like my handset" and "I'm interested in upgrading my handset" are both able to be selected.

Section 3:
          Can select wireless aircard service as well as cable/dialup.

Section 7

checkbox "I am opento using different provider" has a typo. A space was omitted between "open" and "to"

Comment

Section "1. Cell Phone Service" field '$' near 'My monthly bill is approximately:'
            User can enter any characters into the field '$'
            STR
            1. Open the test URL http://www.energy-telecom.portnov.com/qa/
            2. Enter any letters into the field '$' near 'My monthly bill is approximately:'
            Expected result
            The user may be able to enter only numbers in the "$" field
            Actual result
            User can enter any characters
            Last edited by VolodymyrS; 12-11-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Please find my bug reports attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Bug reports on energy Telecom service review.

1. There are checkboxes instead of radio buttons in the field with the table header " cell phones service".
                2. There is a question mark after the labels " International calls included" and "long distance included" in the field " local/long distances/international service" instead of colon characters.
                3. The entered text in the "provider" field is not deleted if user remove the tick from the checkbox "Wireless Aircard "
                4. There is no selection of "more" in the month listbox next to the label "Months left on plan:"
                5.There are checkboxes on "HDTV" and "DVR" instead if radio buttons next to label "I currently have:"
                6. The word "open to" is misspelled in the label "I am open to using different provider".
                7. After pushing the button "submit", we receive a notification about the missing empty fields which are required fields and marked with "*" star symbol, so we are missing the notification about the "Email:" which is also marked as a required field.
                8. After pushing the button "submit", we receive a notification about the missing empty fields which are required fields and marked with "*" star symbol, where appears the notification about the field " Referred by: " which is not marked as required field.
                9. The program allows user to submit the page, even if the fields are filled incorrect.
                10. The field next to label " My monthly bill is approximately: " allows the letters while admit only numbers.
                11. The fields next to labels " First Name: " and "Last name "allows the numbers while admit only letters.
                12. There is an extra list box item -"other" on " State:" list box.
                13. The error appears after button "clear" is pushed.
                Last edited by Zarina Lee; 12-11-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Bug reports for Energy-Telecom Online Form.
                  #1. Wrong TAB order.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1.Put the input focus in the "First Name" field of the "Contact information" section;
                  2. Press TAB key;
                  The input focus should be moved to the "Last Name" filed instead of "Referred by" field.

#2.Wrong TAB order.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1.in the drop down list box "Best Way To Contact Me" select any option;
                  2. Press TAB key;
                  The input focus should be moved to the "Referred by" field instead of "Current Provider" drop down list box of the "Cell Phone Service" section.

#3. Wrong TAB order.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1.Put the input focus in the "Referred by" field of the "Contact information" section;
                  2. Press TAB key;
                  The input focus should be moved to the "Current Provider" drop down list box of the "Cell Phone Service" section instead of "Last Name" field of the "Contact information" section.

#4. "ZIP code" text field of "Contact information" section accepts letters.

#5. "My monthly bill is approximately" text fild of the "Cell Phone Service" section accepts letters.

#6. In the label of the check box "I am opento using different provider" there is a misspelling.

#7. "Clear" button works wrong.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1. Enter you first name in the field "First Name";
                  2. Push "Clear" button.
                  The form should be cleaned instead an error message we recieved.

#8. System accepts incorrect format of Email.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1. Fill out all the required fields, in the field "Email" enter incorrect format of email.
                  2. Push "SUBMIT" button.
                  An error message about incorrect format of email must be shown instead of submittion of the app.

#9. Optional fields are required to be filled.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1. Fill out all the required fields, do not fill out the optional fields;
                  2. Push "Submit" button;
                  The form should be submitted successfully instead of an error message "Please enter the name of the person you were referred by".

#10. "Phone" text field of the "Contact information" section accepts not numeric copied and pasted data.
                  Steps to reproduce: 1. Go to the NotePad app and enter not numeric data;
                  2. Copy that data;
                  3. Paste that in the "Phone" text field.
                  Not numeric data should not be accepted instead of that is accepted.

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review GUI Bug Report

Contact Information
                    1. In Text fields First Name and Last Name can be input numbers and spec symbols;
                    2. Label Referred by has not asterisk symbol * cause this text field is required;
                    3. In text fields Phone, City, Email, ZIP, can be input spec symbols (#, for example).
                    Cell Phone Service
                    1. In text field My monthly bill is approximately can be input spec symbols (#, for example);
                    2. The list Months left on current contract has not option more than 24 months;
                    3. Check boxes I like.., I am interested.. must be replaced to Radio buttons.
                    Local/Long Distances/International Service
                    1. In text fields Primary Phone Number, My monthly bill is approximately, Total Bill can be input spec symbols (#, for example).
                    High Speed Internet Service, TV Service, Home Security Service, Gas and Electric Services
                    1. In text field My monthly bill is approximately, Provider, Current provider can be input spec symbols or numbers (#, for example).

Comment

Energy Telecom Bugs

1. Tab button moves input focus from "First Name" to "Reffered by" then to "Last Name".
                      2. Dropdown list box in "Best Way To Contact Me:" does not offer By Post.
                      3. Dropdown list box in "Months left on current contract:" offers 0 to 10 months only.
                      4. Dropdown list box in "Current Provider:" (1. Cell Phone Service) has no right side and bottom borderlines.
                      5. Dropdown list box in "Current Provider:" (2. Local/Long Distances/International Service) has no right side and bottom borderlines.
                      6. Dropdown list box in "Current Provider:" (4. TV Service) has no right side borderline.
                      7. Dropdown list box in "Number of receivers:" (4. TV Service) has no right side borderline.
                      8. Dropdown list box in "Current Provider:" (5. Home Security Service) has no right side borderline.
                      9. Dropdown list box in "Current Provider:" (7. Gas and Electric Services) has no right side borderline.
                      10. Check box " I am opento using different provider" (7. Gas and Electric Services) has a spelling mistake: "open to" should be sepatate.

Comment

1. No default input focus after refreshing the page
                        2. Tab order in Contact Information Section switches from "First Name:" field to "Referred by:" instead of going to "Last Name:"
                        3. In Contact Information Section "Referred by" field doesn't have "*required field" indicator but acts like "required filed"
                        4. In Contact Information Section "ZIP:" field allows to type letters instead of numbers
                        5. In Cell Phone Service Section "My monthly bill is approximately:" field allows to type letters instead of digits only
                        6. In Cell Phone Service Section in "Current Provider:" field, Dropdown list box does not have "other" option
                        7. In Cell Phone Service Section in "Months left on current contract:" field, Dropdown list box does not have 11 and 12 option

Comment

IOS Environment
                          Positive testing

Contact information:
                          1. "Email" field behaves as not a required field. serious
                          2. "Referred by" field behaves as a required field but it should not, cause it has not assigned asterisk. minor
                          3. "State" list box has a "other" option. minor
                          4. "State" list box has a "IND" (Indiana) instead "IN". minor
                          5. Wrong tab order: moves from "First Name" to "Referred by". minor

Cell Phone Service:
                          1. "Current Provider" list box has to have "other" option. serious
                          2. "Months left on current contract" list box has only options "0-10", but it could be an option "0-12" or "0-24. serious
                          3. "Number of phones on plan" list box contains non-existent amount of data/values. minor

For sections from2 to 7:
                          1. "My monthly bill is approximately" field should come up with preset option list box. suggestion

Comments:
                          1. "Edit box" can be resize out of page/application frame, which is not according to GUI standards. minor
                          - Buttons: "Submit" and "clear" are not the same size. GUI issue. serious
                          - Button "clear" in case of pushing leads to error message. serious
                          Last edited by AVE; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

The BUG REPORT only for given REQUIREMENTS:
                            1. Contact information section: "Referred by" text field behavior like a Required field
                            2. Contact information section: "Email" text field is behavior not a Required field
                            3. Contact information section: "First name" text field accepts 30 characters instead 31
                            4. Contact information section: "Last name" text field accepts 30 characters instead of 31
                            5. Contact information section: "ZIP" text field also accepts letters characters beside the digits
                            Contact information section: "Street adress" text field accepts 100 characters instead of 255
                            7.The "Clear" Button: When click to clear it says Error
                            Last edited by Milana; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

==========DUPLICATE===================

1. "First Name:" field accepts only 30 characters instead of 31.
                              2. "Last Name:" field accepts only 30 characters instead of 31.
                              3. "Street Address:" field accepts only 100 characters instead of 255.
                              4. "State:" list box contains Canadian state British Columbia - BC.
                              5. "State:" list box contains only 48 states instead of 50.
                              6. "State:" list box contains 'Other' which isn't a state.
                              7. "Zip:" field accepts letters, not digits only.
                              8. "Email:" field accepts 1063 characters instead of 255 only.
                              9. "Zip:" field accepts special characters and letters if pasted, not digits only.
                              10. "Zip:" field accepts an unlimited number of characters if pasted, not just 5.
                              11. "Phone:" fields accept special characters and letters if pasted, not digits only.
                              12. "Email" field does not behave like a required field, though it has an asterisk.
                              13. "Referred by" field behaves like a required field.
                              14. "My monthly bill is approximately: $" field (in sections 1-7 (not 6.)) accepts special characters and letters if pasted, not digits only.
                              15. Suggestion - "My monthly bill is approximately: $" field (in sections 1-7 (not 6.)) accepts 11 digits. Please consider limiting at a reasonable number (4).
                              16. "Total Bill: $" field (in section 2. Local/Long Distances/International Service) accepts special characters and letters if pasted, not digits only.
                              17. Suggestion - "Total Bill: $" field (in section 2. Local/Long Distances/International Service) accepts 11 digits. Please consider limiting at a reasonable number (4).
                              18. "Clear" button does not clear the form.
                              19. "Clear" button triggers a misleading error message.
                              20. "Clear" button is not consistent in size (GUI standards) with "Submit" button.
                              21. "Current Provider:" drop list (Section 1. Cell Phone Service) is not in alphabetical order.
                              22. "Current Provider:" drop list (Section 1. Cell Phone Service) is missing "Other"/"None" option.
                              23. "Months left on current contract:" drop list (Section 1. Cell Phone Service) has only 10 months available instead of 0 to 24.
                              24. "Number of phones on plan" drop list (Section 1. Cell Phone Service) has an excessive number to select. Please consider limits according to the current legislation.
                              25. "Current Provider:" drop list (Section 2. Local/Long Distances/International Service) is not in alphabetical order.
                              26. "Primary Phone Number:" (Section 2. Local/Long Distances/International Service)fields accept special characters and letters if pasted, not digits only.
                              27. "Current Provider:" drop list (Section 7. Gas and Electric Services) is not in alphabetical order.
                              28. "I am opento using different provider" checkbox title (Section 7. Gas and Electric Services) contains misspelling "opento" instead of "open to".
                              29. No default button assigned.

Comment

Whatever could compile

Contact Information Table Bugs
                                1. "First Name:" field accepts only 30 characters while it should accept 31 according to requirements
                                2. "Last Name:" field accepts only 30 characters while it should accept 31 according to requirements
                                3. "Street Address:" field accepts only 100 characters while it should accept 255 according to requirements
                                4. "State:" Box List has "BC" value which does not match the requirements as it is not US state
                                5. "State:" Box List values are incomplete missing the names of 2 states: "HI" (Hawaii) and "NV" (Nevada)
                                6. The abbreviation of the Indiana state in "State:" Box List is misspelled as "IND" instead of "IN"
                                7. "State:" Box List has "Other" value which is not applicable by the requirements
                                8. "ZIP:" digit only field accepts letters
                                9. "Email:" field is required to accept only some characters but actually it accepts all kinds of characters
                                10. Required "Email:" field lacks error message when there is no input
                                11. The form can be submitted with no input in Required "Email:" field
                                12. "Referred by:" field acts as required (*) field while it is not according to requirements
                                13. "State:" List Box and "ZIP:" field values are not matched
                                14. Default input field is not assigned
                                15. Input field "TAB" order is breached. After "First Name: " field it moves to "Referred by:" instead of "Last Name: "

1. "Cell Phone Service" Table Bugs
                                1. "Current Provider:" drop down list lacks value "Other"
                                2. "My monthly bill is approximately:" filed accepts letters
                                3. "Minutes on plan:" drop down list values are not consistent.
                                4. "Months left on current contract: " drop down box list values are in 0 - 10 range, should be 0 - 23 range
                                5. Number of phones on plan: ???????? too much???
                                6. "I am interested in a wireless card for my laptop" checkbox should be moved to "High Speed Internet Service" Table as it is not relevant for the current table

2. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" Table Bugs

3. High Speed Internet Service
                                1. "Current Provider:" drop down list values are not matching state and zip choices
                                2. "Months left on plan:" drop down list values range is 0-24 when it should be 0-23
                                5. Home Security Service Table Bugs
                                1. The table is not consistent as the previous tables start with "Current Provider:" label

Don't have enough time because of work
                                Last edited by Rufat; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X