Energy-Telecom GUI Bug reports - Class April 19, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Telecom GUI bugs report:

1. In the field for Zip and First name and Last name I can enter letters.
    2. TAB order problem. When using TAB the cursor with the first line "Name" is moved to the last line "Be referred".
    3. "Cell Phone Service" in the row"My monthly bill approximately" I can enter letters
    4. In line "I am opento using different provider" grammar error instead OPEN TO.
    5. When I click the "Submit" button a list of empty or missing lines appears above the form except for the email line and the email line has a blue asterisk instead red asterisk.
    6. When I click the "Clear" button an error is displayed.
    7. Website icon is missing.
    8. There is no default input focus.
    9. In the "States" field the "Other" should be at the end of the list.

Comment

Energy-Telecom GUI Bug report
      Operated system: Windows 7
      Web-browser: Google Chrome/Internet Explorer
      1) Tab Order goes from "First Name" field to "Referred by" and next to the "Last name"
      2) "Clear" button shows "error 17896" when pushed, and it doesn't clean the fields.
      3) "Submit" and "Clear" buttons have different sizes.
      4) There are only 10 months In the field "Months left in the current contract" instead of 12.
      5) "Best Way To Contact Me" is divided in 2 lines.

Comment

Energy -Telecom GUI Bug report:
        1. Allows submit without e-mail (required field)
        2. Apartment field is missing
        3. TAB jump down on the last field in the block.
        4. State field not alphabetically
        5. Months left on current contract in the 1.Cell Phone Service block : just 10. (will be 12 or more)
        6. Minutes on plan in the 1.Cell Phone Service block: out of number order.
        7. Current Provider in the 2. Local/Long Distances/International Service: not alphabetically
        8. My monthly bill is approximately in the 3. High Speed Internet Service: allow putted word and letters
        9. 7. Gas and Electric Services: has mistake: I am opento using different provider - "open to"
        10. 5. Home Security Service: when you add information about provider and bill and when you push on the I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information - all information have to clear.
        11. Submit and Clear buttons have different size.
        12. Clear button active all time - even when comment is clear.

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review

Bug report

1.GUI : Contact information doesn

Comment

Done on Chrome browser. Mac OS.

1. Text field "Provider" (Section 3. High Internet speed service) has 100 characters with is doesn't make sense.
            2. Text fields on Contact information allows you to use non latin letters.
            3. Text field 8 "Comments" allows you to use non latin letters.
            4. Contact information field, "State" dropbox. States name are not in alphabetical order.
            5. Push "Submit" button redirect to unknown webpage.
            6. Mismatch between chosen state and Zip code.
            7. Text fields First and Last name allows number characters.
            8. Default input focus missing.
            9. In Cell phone section "Current provider" dropbox menu - content is not in alphabetical order.
            10. In Local/Long distance service "Current provider" dropbox menu - content is not in alphabetical order.

Comment

1. There is no default input focus
              2. TAB order is broken, at "Contact Information" form first is "First Name", then goes "Reffered By", but it should be "Second Name"
              3. "Number of phones on plan" label should be splitted in 2 lines - it will become more readable and not glueing to the "Months left on current contract" list box
              4. Also at "Contact Information" form in "States" list box the "Other" option should be at the end of the list
              5. At "Local/Long Distances/International Service" form the two labels with radio (option) buttons should have colon and not the question mark
              6. At "Local/Long Distances/International Service" form at "Bundled with" label you may use just two checkboxes in place of three radio buttons - less place and no need in third option "Both", because you can check both
              6.1. At "TV Service" form at "Bundled with" label you may use just two checkboxes in place of three radio buttons - the same reason I described upper
              7. "Digital Phone Service with Video Phone" form should have more space to be in a row with other forms (not wrapped in fieldset and div class="req" tags)
              8. At " Home Security Service" in "Current Provider" and "Gas and Electric Services" in "Current Provider" list boxes options does not go in alphabet order
              9. At "Gas and Electric Services" is error in writing at checkbox "I am opento using different provider", should be "open to"
              10. "Submit" button is too big if compare to the "Clear" button, or "Сlear" button is too small, also there is no reason to have "Сlear" button, because user can just refresh the page to clear all forms

Comment

1.Section "Local Long Distances/International Service:", "Primary Phone Number:": the focus does not go automatically from one field to another
                2. Section " Local Long Distances/International Service", "My monthly bill is approximately:": Input value is unlimited
                3. "Current Provider:" contains different information in every section
                4. Section "High Speed Internet Service", "Type of service:": replace check box with option button
                5. Section "Cell Phone Service:", "Months left on current contract:": add number 11 to the drop down list
                6. Section "Cell Phone Service", "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately:": add word "ago" after "months"
                7. Section "High Speed Internet Service:", "Type of service:": "Provider" is irrelevant since there is "Current Provider" drop down list on the top of that section
                8. "Contact Information", "First Name" : takes numerical value
                "Contact Information", "Last Name" : takes numerical value
                10. "Gas and Electric Services": replace "opento" with "open to"
                Last edited by Elvina Zemlyak; 04-09-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

1. In the "State" field drop down menu states are not in alphabetic order
                  2. Tab button function does not work properly - it jumps from Fist Name field to Referred by instead of Last name
                  3. In "Contact" field - zip code window accepts alphabetic symbols
                  4. TV service providers field - in drop down menu they are listed not in alphabetic order
                  5. Checkboxes are different shape on the form, should be the same (square or round)
                  6. Missing states HI, NV

Comment

Energy telecom bug report:
                    1. Default input focus is missing.
                    2. TAB button moves from field "First name" to the field "Referred by".
                    3. Label "Best Way To Contact Me" is divided in two lines.
                    4. In "States" listbox option "Others" should be in the beginning or at the end of the list.
                    5. When push "Clear" button there is an error message "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!".
                    6. To submit the form the field "Referred by:" should be filled in, which is not labeled as a required field.
                    7. The filed "ZIP" allows to input non-digits, but after pushing "Submit" button there's a message "Please enter a valid ZIP Code".
                    8. In section "Cell phone service" the list box "Current provider" the options are not in alphabetical order.
                    9. In section "Cell phone service" the list box "Months left on current contract" has only 10 options.
                    10. In section "Local/Long Distances/International Service" the list box "Current provider" the options are not in alphabetical order.
                    11. In section "High Speed Internet Service" for the label "Type of service" the choices are both check boxes and radio buttons.
                    12. In section "Gas and Electric Services" the label "I am opento using different provider" is misspelled.
                    13. In section "Comments" the size of the text input field could be changed and is not limited by the boundaries of the frame.
                    Last edited by yuliya.by; 04-09-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

1. Cell Phone Services: you may put letters in the text field "My monthly bill is approximately $"
                      2. Tab selection is not in a logical order.
                      3. High Speed Internet Services: in "Type of services" "Wireless Aircad" has check box instead of radio button.
                      4. Gas and Electric Services: "open to" is spelled together.
                      5. Buttons: "Submit" and "Clear" are different sizes.
                      6. If you press "Clear" you get an Error 17896.
                      7. you are not able to submit form without entering the name of the person you were referred by. "Referred by" is not marked by a symbol as required field.
                      8. You may submit form without entering email, which is marked as required field.
                      9. In listbox "State" state Indiana is spelled as IND, needs to be IN

Comment

1. There is no default input focus when the application is first opened.
                        2. There is wrong tab order: "First name" -> " Referred by" -> "Last name".
                        3. The text field "First name" allows to input digits and special characters.
                        4. The text field "Zip" allows to input letters and special characters.
                        5. The "State" list includes only 48 US states.
                        6. The states are not listed in an alphabetical order in the State list.box.
                        7. "State" list box has an option "Other" instead of the state abbreviation.
                        8. "State' list box contains " BC" (British Colombia) which is not USA territory it is Canadian one.
                        9. "Month Left" list box has only 10 month instead 12 (per year).
                        10. "Monthly Bill" text field allows to input letters and special characters.
                        11. 'Email' text field allows to submit the page with incomplete email
                        12. "Referred by" is supposed to be as a required field.

Comment

GUI checklist to the Energy-Telecom Online Form

"Contact information" section
                          1. No access to a homepage
                          2. Default input focus is not specified.
                          3. Wrong tab order: "First name" -> " Referred by" -> "Last name".
                          4. "First name" and "Last name" text fields allow inputting digits and special characters.
                          5. "Email" text field allows to input special characters besides the "@".
                          6. "States" - elements in the list box are not sorted in the alphabetical order.
                          7. "ZIP" text field allows to input letters. Only 47 states are available to choose from. BC is not an American state.

"1. Cell Phone Service " section
                          8. "My monthly bill is approximately" text field allows to input letters.
                          9. "Minutes on plan:" - values in the list box are irrelevant.
                          10. "Months left on current contract:" - the number of months is incomplete.
                          11. "Number of phones on plan:" - unreasonable number of phones in the list box.

12. You can submit the form even without "Email" text field filled, even though it is a required field.

Comment

1. Section 7 has a typo in the heading: I am opento is written together instead of separately
                            2. State dropdown menu has states abbreviations listed not in alphabetical order
                            3. No default input focus is specified
                            4. Months left on current contract: There is no option beyond 10 months
                            5. clear button doesn

Comment

1."State" list box: Replace IND with IN for state of Indiana.
                              2."State' list box: Remove "Other" option from the list.
                              3."State" list box: HI and NV states are missing.
                              4."First Name" and "Last Name" field accepts no more than 30 characters instead of 31.
                              5. Zip code field should accept digits only.
                              6. "Clear" button does not clear the form.
                              7. "Clear" button get error message "Invalid data".
                              8. "Cell phone service": "Current Provider" list box "Other" option is needed.
                              9."Gas and Electric Services" the label "I am opento":Replace with open to.
                              10."Month left on current contract": should offer choices from 0 to 24,not 10 months.

Comment

Tab order is not logical. It jumps from first text field 'First Name' to the last one 'Referred by' in 'Contact Information' section.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'First Name' - allows you to enter numbers in addition to letters.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'Last Name' - allows you to enter numbers in addition to letters.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'City' - allows you to enter numbers in addition to letters.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'State' - the abbreviation of US states names is not arranged in alphabetical order.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'State' - abbreviation of Indiana state is 'IND' instead of 'IN'

'Contact Information' section. Field 'ZIP' - allows you to enter letters in addition to numbers.

Contact Information' section. Field 'Email' - accepts 1063 characters instead of 225 as required.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'Email' - no 'Error' message provided if required field 'Email' has no input.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'Email' - if required field 'Email' has no input, an asterisk still have blue color instead of have red warning color.

'Contact Information' section. Field 'Referred by' - have no asterisk to show that is required field, but field 'Referred by' has no input, the application form show result '* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by'.
                                So, if the field 'Referred by' should be required field, it should have an asterisk near it, otherwise it shouldn't produce result '* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by'.

Section#1. Field 'Current provider' - doesn't have option 'Other'

Section#1. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately:' - accepted number of digits is too large for monthly phone bill.

Section#1. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately:' - accept letters in addition to numbers.

Section#1. Field 'Months left on current contract:' - doesn't have 11 and 12 month options.

Section#1. Field 'Total Bill:' - accepted number of digits is too large.

Section#3. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately:' - accepted number of digits is too large for monthly internet bill.

Section#3. Field 'Type of service:' Check box 'Wireless Aircard' field 'Provider' - should have check list included all providers options and 'Other' option.

Section#5. Check box 'Current Provider:' - not in alphabetical order.

Section#5. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately:' - accepted number of digits is too large for monthly bill.

Section#7. Field 'Current Provider:' - not in alphabetical order.

Section#7. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately (summer):' - accepted number of digits is too large for monthly bill.

Section#7. Field 'My monthly bill is approximately (winter):' - accepted number of digits is too large for monthly bill.

Section#7. Grammar mistake 'opento' instead of 'open to'

Section#7 'Clear' button doesn't work correctly. Instead of clearing it produce a result 'Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!'

Section#7 'Submit' and 'Clear' buttons have different size.
                                Last edited by Svetlana Lebedeva; 04-15-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X