Energy-Telecom Bug Report 8/24/17 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy-Telecom Bug Report 8/24/17 class

1. Tab button does not move in the right order (in sections 1, 2, 3 and 4).
    2. "State" drop down menu is not in ABC order (BC and AL; WV and WI; AL and AK; AZ and AR; MD and MA; MS and MO; VT and VA).
    3. "Minutes on plan" drop down menu is not in logical order.
    4. "Number of phones on plan" drop down menu has impossible amount of options. Usually it is up to four.
    5. "Months left on current contract" drop down menu needs more options ("11" and "12").
    6. "1 self phone service" menu check boxes choice needs to be limited to one option.
    7. "My monthly bill is approximately" (in 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 part of the form) and "total bill" menus need
    to be limited to 6 numbers (currently have 10).
    8. Part 4 and 5 "current provider" drop down menu is not in ABC order.
    9. Part 6 the check box is the only one available needs to be round not squared.
    10. Part 7 "I am opento using different provider" needs a space between "open" and "to".

Contact Information
    a. TAB order is wrong. After “First Name” text field, it moves to “Referred by”
    b. “First Name” text field allows numbers and special characters
    c. “Last Name” text field allows numbers and special characters
    d. “Street Address” text field allows special characters
    e. “City” text filed allows numbers and special characters
    f. “State” list box has a wrong spelling “BC” (should be “DC”), “Ind” should be “IN”, missing two states “HI”, “NV”. All states should be in alphabetical order.
    g. “ZIP” allows letters
    h. “Email” text field is not a required field, however, it has an asterisk "*"
    i. “Referred by” text field is a required field, however, it’s not indicated as required with an asterisk "*"

Cell phone Service
    a. “Current Provider” list box should have “Other”
    b. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field allows letters and special characters, doesn’t allow to input “.”
    c. “Months left on current contract” list box should have “More”

Local/Long Distances/International Service
    a. “Local/Long Distances/International Service”. Instead of “Distances” should be “Distance”
    b. “International calls included?”. Instead of “?” should be “:”
    c. “Long distance included?”. Instead of “?” should be “:”

TV Service
    a. “Months left on plan” list box should have “More”

Gas and Electric Services
    a. “I am opento using different provider”. Misspelling. Should be “I am open to different provider”

Comments
    a. No indication of character limit

Comment

1. TAB order is not applicable from the left to the right order
      2. Default input focus is absent after page is downloaded
      3. "State" field doesn't have alphabet order
      4. "Current Provider" field of the"Cell Phone Service" clause doesn't have alphabet order
      5. No one label end up with colon character
      6. "Me" field should have "other" option
      7. "Current provider" field of the "Cell Phone Service" clause should have "other" option
      8. Designation of items in the "type of service" field is not the same
      9. "Current Provider" field of the "TV Service" clause doesn't have alphabet order
      10. "Current Provider" field of the "Home Security Service" clause doesn't have alphabet order
      11. "Current Provider" field of the "Gas and Electric Services" clause doesn't have alphabet order
      12. 10 months are applicable in "Months left on current contract" field

Comment

Energy Telecom GUI Bug Report (8/28/17)

Browser: Chrome (version 60.0.3112.101)

GENERAL

1. I can push «Submit» and «Clear» buttons in the bottom of web-page, while all text fields and check boxes are empty (buttons should be disabled until any information appears in required fields)
        2. Default input focus doesn’t work. «First Name:» label’s text field should be set as default input focus.
        3. TAB order doesn’t work in logical or LEFT>RIGHT/TOP>BOTTOM manner. It moves from «First name» label’s text field to «Referred by» label’s text field.
        4. Default button doesn’t work. «Submit» button should be set as a default( Not critical as the button is at the very bottom of web-page).
        5. «Clear» button is not the same size as a «Submit» button.
        6. "State" check list is not in alphabetical order
        7. "Other" list item should be removed from "State" list box

SECTION 1
        1. "months left on current contract" check list shows us only 1-10 months to choose from instead of 1-12 months.
        2. "number or phones on plan" check list gives us too many list items (over 100), better to set maximum of 10.

SECTION 3 «Type of service» label: Wrong marker
        1. «Wireless Aircard» check box is square while all other check boxes in this label are round.

SECTION 7«Gas and electric services»: Spacing missed
        1. «I am opento using different provider» should be written as «I am open to using different provider».

SECTION 8 "comments": comments input field could be horizontally stretched out of the sky-colored parent box, instead of being fixed.
        Last edited by seon1122; 08-28-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

#1.Page has no specified default input focus.
          #2. Listbox "State": not alphabetic ,has only 49 names including 1 wrong (BC), item "other" needs to be removed.
          #3."My monthly bill is approximately" field accept letters.
          #4." Months left on current contract:"list box has only 10 items instead of 12.
          #5."Email" is required field but user could submit with empty "Email" field.
          #6."Zip code" field allows enter and submit wrong zip code.
          #7."Referred by" is not highlighted as required field but you cant submit having this field empty.
          #8."Clear" and " Submit" push bottoms are differ in size .
          #9.Pushing "Clear" bottom - leading to error 17896.
          Last edited by glili12; 08-28-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

1. Tab button moves user from the "first name" field to the "referred by" field which is logically incorrect; the same way tab button reacts when pressed after filling in the "referred by" edit box - it moves you to the top of the page, to the "last name" section;
            2. "Referred by" edit box is not marked as required but the form shall not be submitted unless you put something into that field
            3. Word pad not offering any options of address when choosing the "street address" text field;
            4. "State" edit box first offer is "BC" which actually is not a state;
            5. "State" menu is not in a correct alphabet order (VA should ho ahead of VT and many other mistakes);
            6. In the "cell phone service" part of the page - the web-page should allow the user to choose only one option: either "I am happy with my current provider" or "I am open to using different provider", not both;
            7. "My monthly bill is approximately" field in the "Cell Phone Service" section of the page allows letter input though is supposed to only accept digits;
            8. The "Minutes on plan" "Number of phones on plan" field in the section 1 of the page should be a text field, not a falling menu;
            9. "Months left on current contract" field in section 1 of the page has option of only 0-10 months, though should have at least 0-12 months as an available option;
            10 "Months left on plan" in section 5 of the page should have an option "other" or "more" rather than just 24 month;
            11. "My monthly bill is approximately" fields in sections 1-5 of the page have a 5 or 6 digits limit to input (currently - 10);
            12. In sections 1-5 I would suggest having a box available for printing in "other" service provider in case that's what user chooses from the menu;
            13. In different sections of the page the words are spelled either from capital letter (like section Contact Information - The Best Way To Contact Me or Total Bill - only in section 2), though all letters should be lower cased except for probably the word "Provider";
            14. The field "I am opento using different provider" in section 5 seems to be alien since the whole form is about getting a new service provider... Besides, it has a misspell - "opento" one word
            15. The button "clear" causes a falling alert: "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!"
            16. Sizes of "submit" and "clear" buttons are different;

Comment

1. TAB order violation:moves from "First Name" to "Referred by" ("Last Name" expected)
              2. Text field "First Name" accept letters and special characters
              3. Text field "Last Name" accept letters and special characters
              4. Text field "ZIP" accept letters
              5. List of states has incorrect states
              6. List of states has "other"
              7. List of states is not in alphabetic order
              8. Text field "Email" is not implemented as required field
              9. Text field "Referred by" is implemented as required field
              10. Field "My monthly bill is approximately" in 1. Cell Phone Service accept letters
              11. Sizes of "submit" and "clear" buttons are different
              12. "Clear" button is not clear the information
              13. When you push "Clear" button you get an error alert

Comment

"Contact Information" block

1. Wrong TAB order. Field "Referred by" comes after field "First Name".
                2. Text field "First Name" allows to input digits and special characters.
                3. Text field "Last Name" allows to input digits and special characters.
                4. Text field "Street Address" allows to input special characters.
                5. Text field "City" allows to input digits and special characters.
                6. In listbox "State" there is no alphabetic order.
                7. In listbox "State" item "Other" must be in the end of the list.
                8. Text field "ZIP" allows to input letters (but it results the error "* Please enter a valid ZIP Code).
                9. Text field "Email", checked as "required field", is not the required field.
                10. Text field "Email" allows to input anyting you want. There is no mask "_name_@_site_._domain_" (zzz@zzz.zzz).
                11. Text field "Referred by", that has no indicator of "required field", is the required field. (Error "* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by)

"1. Cell Phone Service" block

1. Listbox "Current Provider" must have "Other" item.
                2. Text field "My monthly bill is approximately" allows to input letters.
                3. Text field "My monthly bill is approximately" doesn't allow to input ".".
                4. Listbox "Minutes on plan" logically must be a text field (because there are numerous of values).
                5. Listbox "Months left on current contract" must have "More" item (and maybe "11" and "12" items either).
                6. Listbox "Months left on current contract" doesn't save its value, when it is a number.
                7. Listbox "Number of phones on plan" logically must be a text field (because there are numerous of values). (BUT, is there could be so many phones on plan in the USA?)
                8. Listbox "Number of phones on plan" doesn't save its value, when it is a number.
                9. Listbox "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately" doesn't save its value, when it is a number.

"2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" block

1. In listbox "Current Provider" change the order of "Verizon" and "Sprint" (to be in alphabetic order).
                2. Text field "My monthly bill is approximately" allow to input many digits after ".". It must be limit of 2.
                3. Text field "Total Bill" allow to input many digits after ".". It must be limit of 2.

"3. High Speed Internet Service" block

1. Text field "My monthly bill is approximately" allow to input many digits after ".". It must be limit of 2.

"4. TV Service" block

1. In listbox "Current Provider" there is no alphabetic order.
                2. Listbox "Number of receivers" doesn't save its value, when it is a number.
                2. Listbox "Months left on plan" must have "More" item.
                3. Listbox "Months left on plan" doesn't save its value, when it is a number.

"5. Home Security Service" block

"7. Gas and Electric Services" block

"8. Comments" block

1. There is limit of 1024 signs in the text field if I type it on the keyboard. But there no limits if I copy-paste. I get 15 millions signs in this text field, what led me to some lags (and can be bad for the data base).

P.S.
                No text field is selected by default after opening the page. - I think it is not the bug. See https://accounts.google.com/SignUp

Comment

1.user can check 2 check boxes when he need to chose only one (section #1,4)
                  2.All menu items is not in alphabetical order
                  3. monthly bill - is not limited properly user can put there 11 digits
                  4. section #3 - check boxes has different shapes (4 round and one square )
                  5. user can put in "first name" and "city" text field digits
                  6. "Referred by" field is required field but it was not marked as required
                  7. "State" field is required to fill out but error did not pop up if user will not fill it out
                  8. Button "Clear" dose not work and error message pop up
                  9. "TAB" is not working properly

Comment

1) "Energy-Telecom'' form: Default Input Focus is not assigned.
                    2) "Contact Information" field: TAB order is not logical.
                    3) "State" listbox is not in the alphabetical order.
                    4) "State" listbox is missing DC, HI and NV states.
                    5) “First Name” ,“Last Name”, "Street Address", "City" fields allows to enter numbers and special characters;
                    6) "ZIP ” field accepts letters, but should not.
                    - able to paste more then 5 characters.
                    - able to paste more then 5 letters.
                    6) "Minutes on plan" drop down menu is not in logical order (30,200,400,450 and etc.).
                    7) "Opento" is misspelled;
                    8) By clicking the "Clear" button an error appears -"Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer''.
                    9) “Submit” and “Clear” buttons have different size.
                    Last edited by Valentineleichyk; 09-05-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Browser: Chrome 60.0.3112.101

1) “Contact Information” section: assign “First Name” as a default input focus field
                      2) “Contact information” section: tab order is not logical (First name > Referred by > Last name)
                      3) “Contact information” section: replace “IND” with “IN” in the “State” list box
                      4) “Contact information” section: align “Phone:” input field with other input fields
                      5) “1. Cell Phone Service” section: align “Minutes on plan:” and “Number of phones on plan” input fields with each other
                      6) “2.Local/Long Distances/International Services” section and other sections with radio buttons: tab order stops only at first radio button and skips additional options
                      7) “4. TV Service” section: align “HDTV” checkbox with the input fields and the radio buttons
                      8) “5. Home Security Services” section: delete the period mark at the end of the checkbox “I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information.”
                      9) “7. Gas and Electric Services” section: replace “opento” with “open to” in “I am opento using different provider” check box
                      10) Eliminate inconsistency between “Select” and “Select one” instructions in drop boxes
                      11) Eliminate upper and lower case letters inconsistency in label naming throughout the form (“Best Way To Contact Me:” vs “Referred by:”)
                      12) Make “Submit” and “Clear” buttons of the same size and of the same font size

Comment

Browser: Chrome 61.0.3163.79

GUI:
                        1. Redundant dot in "5. Home Security Service" section after "I do not have home security services..." text.
                        2. Section "1. Cell Phone Service": "Minutes on plan" Drop-Down List and "Number of phones on plan" Drop-Down List are uneven on the right edge.
                        3. No default input focus on "First Name" in "Contact information" section.
                        4. "Submit" button should be default button on the page.
                        5. Buttons "Submit" and "Clear" have different font size.
                        6. "Contact Information" section, "State" drop-down list: "Other" should be the last item.
                        7. Section "1. Cell Phone Service" field "Current Provider": all items in drop-down list should be in alphabetical order, add "Other" to the end of the list.
                        8. Section "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" field "Current Provider": all items in drop-down list except "Other" should be in alphabetical order.
                        9. Section "4. TV Service" field "Current Provider": all items in drop-down list except "Other" should be in alphabetical order.
                        10. Section "5. Home Security Service" field "Current Provider": all items in drop-down list except "Other" should be in alphabetical order.
                        11. Section "7. Gas and Electric Services" field "Current Provider": all items in drop-down list except "Other" should be in alphabetical order.
                        12. Section "7. Gas and Electric Services" text "I am opento using different provider": no space between "open" and "to".
                        13. TAB order in "Contact Information" section is wrong: after "First Name" cursor goes to "Referred by", while should go to "Last Name" field.
                        14. "Contact information" section "Phone" field: there is no cursor moving to the next phone section after filling up previous phone section with digits when using digital block of keys on a keyboard.
                        15. "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" section "Primary Phone Number" field: there is no cursor moving to the next phone section after filling up previous phone section with digits when using digital block of keys on a keyboard.
                        16. "Contact information" section "Phone" field: when deleting phone number after it was filled up the cursor doesn't move back to previous section.
                        17. "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" section "Primary Phone Number" field: when deleting phone number after it was filled up the cursor doesn't move back to previous section.

Functional:
                        1. "Contact information" section: "First Name" text field accepts up to 30 characters, while 31 is stated in requirements.
                        2. "Contact information" section: "Last Name" text field accepts up to 30 characters, while 31 is stated in requirements.
                        3. "Contact information" section: "Street Address" text field accepts up to 100 characters, while 255 is stated in requirements.
                        4. "Contact information" section, "State" drop-down list: "BC" is redundant item.
                        5. "Contact information" section, "State" drop-down list: "IND" item instead of "IN" .
                        6. "Contact information" section, "State" drop-down list: "NV" item is missing .
                        8. "Contact Information" section, "ZIP" text field: it is possible to enter letters.
                        9. "Contact information" section: "Email" text field should accept no more than 255 characters.
                        10. "Clear" button at the end of the page causes an error message and doesn't clear data input fields.
                        11. "Contact information" section: the phone number is automatically written to the field "My monthly bill is approximately" in section "1. Cell Phone Service" after automatic filling up contact fields by a browser.
                        12. "1. Cell Phone Service" section "My monthly bill is approximately" field: is possible to enter letters.
                        13. After pushing "SUBMIT" there is lack of checking of "Email" field in "Contact Information" section while it is marked as required field.
                        14. "Months left on current contract" field in "1. Cell Phone Service" section: drop-down list should have numbers from 0 to 24.
                        15. After pushing "SUBMIT" there is a checking of "Referred by" field in "Contact Information" section while it is not marked as required field.
                        16. "Number of phones on plan" field in "1. Cell Phone Service" section: drop-down list should have numbers from 1 to 5.
                        17. "1. Cell Phone Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        18. "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        19. "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" section, "Total Bill" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        20. "3. High Speed Internet Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        21. "4. TV Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        22. "5. Home Security Service" section, "My monthly bill is approximately" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        23. "7. Gas and Electric Services" section, "My monthly bill is approximately (summer)" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        24. "7. Gas and Electric Services" section, "My monthly bill is approximately (winter)" text field: should be limited by 4 digits.
                        25. "8. Comments" section, text field should have reasonable length.
                        Last edited by Roman_E; 09-11-2017, 01:58 PM. Reason: 3rd version

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review - Bug Report (8/28/17)

Browser: Chrome

Contact Information
                          1. "Referred by" field is optional. But the system demands to fill in the given field at registration.
                          2. The fields: "First name", "Last name", "Street Address", "City", "Email" - the system allows you to enter only 1 or more non-alphabetic characters (for example, numbers 123... or signs ###///...). Also, the system allows you to fill in these fields not in English. (For example in Russian: "Заманова Ирина")
                          3. "Email" field need to make mandatory for fill. The system makes it possible to fill out and register this form without specifying an email.
                          4. "ZIP" field system allows you to enter non-existing Zip codes. For example: 00000, or 99999 ...
                          5. "State" field are available only 48 topical states (there should be 50 states). States "BC" and "other" do not exist in reality, they need to change on correct states.

Cell Phone Service
                          1. "Current Provider" field - list box should have “Other”
                          2. "My monthly bill is approximately" field - allows letters and special characters, doesn’t allow to input “.”
                          3. "Months left on current contract" field - list box should have “11” and "12", or "other"

Local/Long Distances/International Service
                          1. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" the block does not allow choosing the option - "I do not use Local/Long Distances/International Service".
                          2. "Primary Phone Number" field has a red asterisk. The field must be mandatory.

High Speed Internet Service
                          1. "High Speed Internet Service" the block does not allow choosing the option - "I do not use High Speed Internet Service".
                          2. "Type of service" field allows you to select both "Cable" and "Wireless Aircard".
                          3. "Provider" allows special characters.

TV Service
                          1. "TV Service" the block does not allow choosing the option - "I do not use TV Service".
                          2. "Months left on plan" list box should have “More”.

Home Security Service
                          1. Field "I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information." - does not allow to choose "I'm NOT interested in this service"

Gas and Electric Services
                          1. "I am opento using different provider" - misprint in word "opento".

Comments
                          1. "Comments" block allows changing the size of the window for comments.
                          2. "Comment" block does not have an indication of the letter limit.

Comment

GUI
                            1. TAB order is not logical: “First name” follows to “Referred by”, “Best Way To Contact Me” follows to “Current Provider”.
                            2. “State” list box has wrong states postal abbreviation: “BC” should be “DC”, “IND” should be ”IN”.
                            3. In the ”State” list state's postal abbreviation missed: “HI”, “NV”.
                            4. “State” list is’t in alphabetical order.
                            5. In the ”Cell Phone Service” section system allows to choose and submit all the check boxes.
                            6. “Minutes on plan” list box has not logical gap between values.
                            7. In the “High-Speed Internet Service” section has wrong type of check box “Wireless Aircard” (should be radio button).
                            8. In the “ Digital Phone Service with Video Phone” text should be align.
                            9. In the “Gas and Electric Services” section misspelling “I am opento using different provider”.
                            Functionality:
                            10. First name” field allows use special characters and numbers.
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            - Open the http://www.energy-telecom.portnov.com/qa/
                            - Section “contact information”: Input special characters and numbers
                            - Push the “Submit” button - Observe
                            Result: no alert about input the wrong data
                            11. “ Last name” field allows use special characters and numbers.
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            12. “ Street address” field allows use special characters.
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            - Section “contact information”: Input special characters
                            13. “ City ” field allows the use of special characters.
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            14. “E-mail” field doesn’t work as a "Required field”
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            -Open the http://www.energy-telecom.portnov.com/qa/
                            -Make sure all the input fields are empty.
                            -Push the “Submit” button - Observe
                            Result: The asterisk next to the “E-mail” field label is blue, not red
                            15. "Referred by” field lack of the asterisk mark
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            - Make sure all the input fields are empty.
                            Result: alert about “Referred by” (* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by)
                            16. “Clear” button gives the error message
                            Steps to reproduce:
                            - Make sure all the input fields are empty.
                            Result: error message "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!”.
                            Last edited by IrinaTreg; 08-29-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

1. Tab order: input focus moves from "First name" field to the "Referred by:" field instead of "Last name"

2. The check box "I am open to using different provider" is misspelled (missing the space between the words "open" and "to")

3. "Submit" button is bigger than "Clear" button instead of being even

4. Check boxes: unable to check the highlighted box using "Enter" key
                              Steps to reproduce:
                              - Open the http://www.energy-telecom.portnov.com/qa/ page
                              - Move the input focus to the checkbox in the section "Cell phone service"
                              - Push "Enter" key to check the box - observe
                              1. Unable to check the box with the key, only mouse click

5. 10 months instead of 12 are listed in menu “Months left with the contract"
                              Steps to reproduce:
                              - Scroll down to "Cell phone service" section
                              - Open the drop down menu - observe
                              1. The maximum number of the months is 10

6. The form cannot be submitted without unrequired field “Referred by:” in “Cell phone service”
                              Steps to reproduce:
                              - Push the button "Submit" - observe
                              1. The form is not submitted
                              2. "Referred by:" field is not listed among required fields

7. Error message after pushing the "Clear button"
                              Steps to reproduce:
                              - Enter data in the fields
                              - Push the button "Clear" - observe
                              1. Error message ”Error 17896 - invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer” pops up
                              2. Data entered is not cleared
                              Last edited by katrin_ignatovich; 08-29-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X