X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online class November 11 - GUI Bug Report for Energy-Telecom

Online program discussions
    GUI Bug Report for Energy-Telecom
    1)TAB order is not correct in "Contact Info". After The field with the "First Name",
    cursor drops to the "Referred by" ;
    2) Select field for "Months left on current contract" has only 10 options. There
    must be 12;
    3) TAB order in section #2 skips the "TV" and "Both" option
    4) TAB order in section#2 skips all 3 "No" options
    5) TAB order in section #3 skips option "Dial-up", "DSL", "Phone", "Both"
    6) TAB order in section#4 skips "Phone" and "Both" option;
    7) "Clear" button doesn't work. It shows Error 17896 and doesn't clear any info
    8) "First Name" text field allows to enter numbers. There must be letters only;
    9) "Last Name" text field allows to enter numbers. There should be letters only;
    10) "ZIP" text field allows to enter letters. There should be numbers only;
    11) "ZIP" text field allows to leave less than 5 numbers. There should be no
    more no less than 5 numbers;
    12) "Phone" text field allows to leave less than 10 numbers. There should be
    no more no less than 10 numbers;
    13)"Referred by" text field allows to enter numbers. There should be letters only;
    14) "My monthly bill is approximately" text field allows to enter letters. There
    should be numbers only
    15)"Primary Phone number" text field allows to enter less numbers than 10.
    There should be no more no less than 10 numbers
    16)The order of errors in error message is not logical.
    17) "Referred by" text field is not marked as required. However error message
    shows that it IS required;
    18) "Email" text field marked as required, however error message doesn't
    ask to enter it if its not filled out. The system allows to submit the form without
    entering the email in "Email" text field.
    19) The system allows to enter invalid address in "Street address", "City",
    "State", and "ZIP" text fields.
    Last edited by Olya Khomenko; 3 weeks ago.

1. No default input focus;
    2. Tab order expected go from First Name to Last Name field but actually it goes from First Name to Referred by;
    3. "Referred by" field is not marked as required but it is asking as required
    4. Email field does not validate the email format;
    5. Email field is marked as required field, but it accept the form without email address;
    6. The section 7 in check box "I am opento using different provider" missed a space in "opento"

Comment

1) "Submit" and "Clear" buttons should be disabled when we first open the page
      2) The default button is missing
      3) Default input focus is missing
      4) Illogical tab order (First name, then Referred by, then Last Name)
      5) Illogical tab select (Pointer in the field First name - Shift+Tab - all the page is selected)
      6) Non-alfabetical order in "State" Listbox (started with the "BC")
      7) "Other" not at the end of the "State" Listbox
      8) "First name" field accepts numbers and special characters
      9) "Last name" field accepts numbers and special characters
      10) "City" field accepts numbers and special characters
      11) "ZIP" field accepts letters
      12) It is possible to paste special characters in the "ZIP" field
      13) It is possible to paste letters and special characters in the "ZIP" field
      15) It is possible to paste more than 5 digits in the "ZIP" field
      16) It is possible to paste letters and special characters in the "Phone" field
      17) Email without "@" and "." accepted by the system
      18) Pushing the "Clear" button causes an error
      19) Inconsistency in dimensions of "Submit" and "Clear" button
      20) Misspelled IND state in the "State" listbox
      21) "Referred by" field doesn't marked as required, but it's required by the system
      22) "Referred by" field accepts numbers and special characters.
      23) "Email" field marked as required, but it isn't required by the system
      24) Non-alphabetical order in the "Current provider" listbox
      25) "My monthly bill is approximately " field accepted letters (mismatch with the $ sign)
      26) Option "more" is missing in the "Month left on current contract" listbox
      Last edited by DariaDav; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

#1. Inconsistency in the dimentions of "Submit" and "Clear" buttons.
        #2. "State" list box: state "BC" is not a state in the USA.
        #3. "State" list box contains 48 statets instead of 50 states.
        #4. "Gas and Electric Services" field has a misspeled word "opento". The correct way is "open to" .
        #5. "Clear" button when being pushed resolt in error message.
        #6. "Email" field eccepts non-email format.

Comment

#1 The State drop down menu have BC state listed first (out of alphabetical order)
          #2 First and Last names accepts digits
          #3 TAB button does not work in proper order
          #4 Zip code accepts letters
          #5 The form can not be submitted without the information of the person the applicant referred from even though it has no asterisk (*) as required field
          #5 The form can not be submitted without email address even though it has no asterisk (*) as required field
          My monthly bill is approximately: accepts letters
          #7 Months left on current contract: gives 10 months only instead of 12

Comment

1. The web page is not secured: contrary to the message “We will keep your information strictly confidential.”
            2. Contact information field: All required fields accept numbers only without letters.
            3. Comment field: Unlimited input of any characters. The field not fixed. Left click and hold allows you to expand the field unlimited.
            4 Submit: Allows submit without check not required checkboxes.
            5 Submit: Allows submit using numbers only in the required contact information fields.
            6- 1. Cell Phone Service - Current provider check box: No option “Other”
            7 - 1. Cell Phone Service-Month Left on Current provider box- max 10 month instead 12
            8 – Gas and Electric services-“ I am opento…”, misspelling Must be “ I am open to…”
            9- 2. Local/Long distance- International call included? And Long distance included? Must have ( : ) instead (?)

Comment

1) Gramma mistake p. 7 “I am opento”. It must be “I am open to"
              2) No default input focus
              3) Tab order is illogical
              4) It is possible to Submit form with empty fields
              5) Default button is absent
              6)It is possible to mark two mutually exclusive fields at the same time “I am happy with my current provider” and “ I am open to using different provider”, “ I like my handset” and “I am interested in updating my handset”.
              7) The “Clear” button doesn’t work
              8)Fields for Name, etc. where there must be letters only, accept also numbers
              9)The field
              Last edited by Irina Mavromatis; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Energy Telecom Bug Report.
                1. Contact information: “Email” should be required field per given requirements, but in fact it’s optional and user may skip it;
                2. "Email" field accepts more than 255 characters, instead of 255;
                3. “Referred by” field isn’t marked as required but in fact it is required while submitting form;
                4. “First name” field accepts no more than 30 characters, while it’s expected to accept no more than 31;
                5. “Last name” field accepts no more than 30 characters while it’s expected to accept no more than 31;
                6. “Street Address” accepts no more than 100 characters instead of 255;
                7. “State” list box IND should be changed on IN for state of Indiana;
                8. “State” list box: BC should be removed from the list, because there is no such State in US;
                9. “State” list box: “Other” should be removed from the list;
                10. “State” list box: States HI and NV are missing;
                11. “ZIP” code field should accept digits only, but it also accepts characters;
                12. “Cell Phone Service”: “Current Provider” list box: “Other” option should be added;
                13. “Cell Phone Service”: radio button should be used instead of Check box for "I am happy with my current provider” and “ I am open to using different provider”;
                14. “My monthly bill is approximately” field should accept digits only;
                15. “Cell Phone Service”: “Months left on current contract” list box should be 24, instead of 10;
                16. “Cell Phone Service”: “Number of phones on plan” list box: 100 numbers are too much;
                17. “High Speed Internet Service”: when unchecking “Wireless Aircard Provider”, text from the “Provider” text box should be cleared;
                18. “Gas and Electric Services”: “I am opento using different provider”: misspelling "opento";
                19. “Submit”and “Clear” buttons are different;
                20. “Clear” button doesn’t clear fields;
                21. Message is wrong for “Clear” button.
                Last edited by Darya; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

1. No default input focus;
                  2. Tab order expected go from First Name to Last Name field but actually it goes from First Name to Referred by;
                  3. "Referred by" field is not marked as required but it is asking as required
                  4. Email field does not validate the email format;
                  5. The section 7 in check box "I am opento using different provider" missed a space in "opento"
                  6. The “Clear” button doesn’t work

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Bug Report.

1. "First Name:" the field accepts 30 characters not 31.
                    2. "Last Name:" the field accepts 30 characters not 31.
                    3. "Street Address:" the field accepts 100 characters not 255.
                    4. "State:" in list box do not needed option "Other".
                    5. "ZIP:" the field do not should accepts letter .
                    6. "Email:" the field accepts more than 255 characters.
                    7. In the form no default button.
                    8. "Referred by:" the field not required, behaves as required.
                    9. "Clear" button not clear the form.
                    10. If not input "Email:" missing tool tip "* Please enter your Email"
                    11. If not input "Email:" asterisk do not change the color.
                    12. After the field "First Name:" tab order go to "Referred by:".
                    13. Section "Comments" do not should to change size.
                    14. Buttons "Submit" and "Clear" inconsistency execution.
                    15. In section "Cell Phone Service" list box "Current Provider:" have not option "Other"
                    Last edited by Vitalyls; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

1. In the list box "State" there is "BC" abbreviation which is a Canadian Province, not a US State
                      2. In the list box "State" there is "IND" abbreviation for State of Indiana instead of "IN"
                      3. In the list box "State" there is no list item "NV" for State of Nevada
                      4. In the Section "Cell Phone Service" in the "Current Provider" list box there is no "Other" list item
                      5. TAB key moves input focus from "First Name" field to "Referred by" field instead of "Last Name" field
                      6. "Referred by" field behaves as a required field but it does not have an asterisk next to it
                      7. The result of pushing button "Clear" at the end of application is the pop-up window with "Error 17896"
                      8. Text field "First Name" accepts only 30 characters instead of 31
                      Text field "Last Name" accepts only 30 characters instead of 31
                      Last edited by ElenaKryl; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

My text is not copied or pasted here, so I attached the document. I did not find another way. Sorry.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Tamara10; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Bug Report for Energy-Telecom
                          Steps:
                          1. When the field "First Name" and press TAB button cursor drops to "Referred by"
                          2. ZIP accepts random numbers "00000".
                          3. Months left on current contract - only 10 month in drop down instead 12
                          4. International Service / Primary Phone Number should be code of Country.
                          5. Box 7 has mistake "I am opento using different provider" there has to be space "open to"
                          6. Clear button - doesn't work

Comment

- The "Tab' button goes into the wrong field.
                            - The field "Best Way To Contact Me" include extra way " select" which doesn't make sense
                            - "Zip" field accept letters, not only numbers
                            - Field "My monthly bill is approximately" in section 1 accept letters
                            - field "Provider" in section 3 unacceptable

Comment

1. With browser autofill function (not sure the problem is not on my side, though):
                                • email field is filled with "Enter Email Address" as a text in it (not as a suggestion)
                                • my monthly bill field is filled with my mobile phone number for some reason
                              2. Tab order is neither logical, nor in correct direction:
                                • Intro section: 'Referred by' comes after 'First name' instead of 'Best Way To Contact Me'
                                • Intro section: after 'Referred by' the focus skips to 'Last name' and then to all the other fields in the section all over again.
                                • Section 3: after 'Wireless Aircard' checkbox we skip 'Provider' field and get directly to 'TV' radio button.
                                • Section 3: after 'TV' we skip straight to Section 4 missing all other radio buttons in that field.
                              3. In section 1, check boxes about current provider should be radio buttons to restrict the user to choosing only one of the two options.
                              4. In section 1, the answer label to 'I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately:' should include the word 'ago' (N months AGO).
                              5. In section 1, the list of check boxed questions is confusing: the first two options should really be radio buttons, but the third one can co-exist with any of the first two or be a separate choice. Probably needs reconsideration.
                              6. In Section 7, there is a missing space in 'opento'.

Not sure it is a GUI problem, but there are also several issues with mandatory and non-mandatory fields. Some are marked as mandatory but work without info input. Some are not marked with a red asterisk but in fact are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X