I just had a one-to-one with my boss this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had a one-to-one with my boss this evening

That comes from an email I just received from our online student in Seattle who graduated 9 months ago:

I just had a one-to-one with my boss this evening who told me he's never seen a more talented QA person in his 17-year career. I got promoted to Manager because of what I learned--thats just the simple truth. I look back over my Portnov documents today, 9 months into this field and I still use them as a reference. To be honest they're better documents than you find anywhere on the internet.

I know this isn't typical, going from where I started to Manager in such a short time but you made me shine. I stood out from the other testers and I'm grateful for that. Thank you. Ill definitely write a review!

Also, I may reach out in the coming months to see if you want to pass a few students onto a project Im working on. We use interns for development but not for QA but I know it would be something we'd be open to. We are growing rapidly and there is plenty of work and all of it can be done remotely. I work remotely from home 2-3 days a week right now. There are things you hear at work that in the beginning you arent expected to know but if you do? The managers are quite impressed. I also can pass along interview questions because I was the Lead before being the manager and I conducted interviews in that role.

Again, thank you, I wouldnt be where I am today without Mikhail.

Tom
Working...
X