Thanks Portnov School!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Portnov School!

I have a degree in Computer Science, and many years of experience working in the software field, but after taking several years off I was finding it difficult to find a job in my field. I had a friend who had attended Portnov School, and this sounded like something that I would be interested in, and which would help me get back to work doing something I would enjoy.

The program at Portnov School covered many topics, some of which I was familiar with, but some that I was not. The Software QA concept was new to me, as this is something that wasn't taught in my university. And while I was familiar with SQL and HTML, I was new to XML, JavaScript and Selenium. We all learned the fundamentals of these languages, and I was impressed that even the students without a prior background in technology were able to understand the topics very quickly. Of course, this does require a lot of studying by each student. A lot of material is covered during these classes, and students must work hard each evening to master the topics presented each day. But if you work hard, it can be done. There is a lot of online material which is provided by the school, and there are other resources which are available to the students which are very helpful to the learning process.

Also, the assistance with interview preparation and resume preparation is very helpful. With all of this preparation, I feel much more confident during interviews. I was able to get an internship immediately after graduation with a very good company. I believe Portnov School can help anyone to get started in a career in Software QA, provided that the student is willing to work hard.
Working...
X