No announcement yet.

Energy-Telecom Bug report Oct 25 Homework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. After clicking the “Submit” button there is no error if the email field is empty but this field is marked with an asterisk symbol as the required field.
    2. After clicking the “Submit” button there is an error indicating that the “Referred by” field is empty but this field does not mark with an asterisk symbol as the required field.
    3. After clicking the “Clear” button there is an error message but the “Comments” field and the other fields do not become empty.
    4. “Other” option inside “State” dropdown list stay in the alphabetic place but should stay on the last place.
    5. “BC”, “IA”, “MA”, “ME”, “WI” option inside “State” dropdown list does not stay in alphabetic order.
    6. “First Name” field can accept invalid first name format (1)
    7. “Last Name” field can accept invalid last name format (1)
    8. “Street Address” field can accept invalid address format (fhsdfhsdh)
    9. “Email” field can accept invalid email format (usernamegmail.com)
    10. “My monthly bill is approximately” at “Cell Phone Service” chapter field can accept alpha characters (wf)
    11. “My monthly bill is approximately” in “Cell Phone Service” chapter field can not accept a dot character to enter a float number (103.2) but other $ amount fields can
    12. “Total Bill” in “Local/Long Distances/International Service” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    13. “My monthly bill is approximately:” in “High Speed Internet Service” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    14. “My monthly bill is approximately:” in “TV Service” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    15. “My monthly bill is approximately:” in “Home Security Service” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    16. “My monthly bill is approximately (summer):” in “Gas and Electric Services” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    17. “My monthly bill is approximately (winter):” in “Gas and Electric Services” chapter can accept invalid amount format (.332)
    18. “Months left on current contract” dropdown field miss 11 and 12 value
    19. “Current Provider” dropdown field in “Cell Phone Service” chapter does not in alphabetical order
    20. “Current Provider” dropdown field in “TV Service” chapter does not in alphabetical order
    21. “Current Provider” dropdown field in “Home Security Service” chapter does not in alphabetical order
    22. “Current Provider” dropdown field in “Gas and Electric Services” chapter does not in alphabetical order
    23. Tab button does not move cursor on the right text field in “Contact Information” chapter
    24. Tab button does not move cursor on the right text field in “Local/Long Distances/International Service” chapter

Comment

#1 – Pressing TAB with the cursor in the text field "First name" cursor springs directly to "Refered by" instead to "Last name"

#2 –“Cell Phone Service” section: list box "Month left on current contract" contains items 0-10 instead of 0-23

#3 - Error message "invalid data request" whenever pushing "Clear" button

#4 – “Contact information” section: Pressing TAB with the cursor in the list box "Best way to contact me" cursor springs to the "Current provider", instead to "Referred by"

#5 - “Contact information” section: Label "Best Way to contact me" is split into 2 lines, although could be written in the same line

#6 - “Cell Phone Service” section: all the boxes could be marked together, although one excludes another

#7 – Sections 2, 3, 4: once selected radio button can’t be deselected.

#8 – Despite missing email address in the required text field next to the label “Email”, pushing the button “Submit” successes no error message.

#9 – Error message when pushing button “Submit” with missing text in the not required text field next to label “Referred by”.

#10 – Despite invalid email address in the text field next to label “Email”, pushing the button “Submit” successes no error message

Comment

#1 Button "Clear" doesnt work
        #2 Button "Submit" not working correctly ( didnt ask email field filled)
        #3 Button "Submit" not working correctly ( submitting when email field empty or consist incorrect email)
        #4 Inconsistencie of buttons "Clear" and "Submit" in size and font
        #5 After submitting shows "* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by" but box "Referred by:" didnt mark as required field
        #6 In a phrase "I am opento using different provider" missed space in "opento"
        #7 Section 1 - Dropdown list "State" consist wrong state BC
        #8 Section 1 - Dropdown list "State" doesnt consist complete list of states (DC, HI, NV)
        #9 Section 1 - Dropdown list "State" - word Other should be on the top of the list
        Last edited by iatn; 10-31-2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Energy Telecom Bug Report:

#1. "Contact information form" States are not sorted in alphabetical order
          #2. "Contact information form" 'ZIP' text field accepts letters
          #3. "Contact information form" 'First Name' text field accepts numbers and special characters
          #4. "1.Cell Phone Service section" Remove 'Select one' option from 'Current Provider' drop-down menu
          #5. "1.Cell Phone Service section" 'My monthly bill is approximately' text field accepts letters
          #6. "1.Cell Phone Service section" Remove 'Prepaid' option from 'Months left on current contract' drop-down menu
          #7. "1.Cell Phone Service section" 'Months left on current contract' has only 10 months instead of 12
          #8. "1.Cell Phone Service section" 'Minutes on plan' has inconsistent minute options
          #9. "7.Gas and electric Services section" 'I am open to using different provider' checkbox name is misspelled as (I am opento using different provider)
          #10. Online form can be submitted without required customer 'Email' information
          #11. "Contact information form" TAB navigation sequence between input fields is broken

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review bug report:

#1 There is no default input focus.
            #2 When pressing Tab keyboard key Tab order goes to the "Referred by" field after the "Name" field instead of the logical "Last name" field.
            #3 In the "State" field there is BC state needs to be deleted.
            #4 In the "State" field the state IND needs to be corrected to IN.
            #5 In the "State" field the state the selection "Other" must be deleted.
            #6 "ZIP" field allows letters, should allow only digits.
            #7 The "Name" and the "Last name" fields allow numbers and special characters, should allow only letters.
            #8 The field "Current provider" under section 1."Cell Phone Service" does not contain nearly enough providers(add AT&T).
            #9 Inconsistency: The buttons "Submit" and "Clear" on the bottom of the page are different in size.
            #10 Under section 7."Gas and Electric services" the phrase "I am opento different providers" needs to be corrected to "open to".
            #11 "Street address" field contains about 106 characters, suppose to contain 255.
            #12 The "Clear" button doesn't work, application produces confusing and misleading message.
            #13 No default button assigned.
            Last edited by Veronikadombr; 11-01-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

1. The page doesn’t scale to the screen resolution.
              2. Tab order is broken : after the “First Name” text field we jump to “Referred by” text field instead of “Last Name” text field.
              3. “First Name” text field accepts 30 characters instead of 31.
              4. “Last Name” text field accepts 30 characters instead of 31.
              5. “Street address” text field accepts 100 characters instead of 255.
              7. “ZIP” text field accepts input and pasting of letters and special symbols instead of digits only.
              8. “ZIP” text field accepts pasting of more than 5 symbols. It has to be limited to characters.
              9. “First Name” text field input should start with a capital letter. It would be convenient to apply autocorrection function for the first letter in this field.
              10. “Last Name” text field input should start with a capital letter. It would be convenient to apply autocorrection function for the first letter in this field.
              11. “City” text field input should start with a capital letter. It would be convenient to apply autocorrection function for the first
              12. Contact Information block : Replace “Street Address” tab name with “Street address”
              13. Contact Information block : Delete “BC” line in the “State” drop out list box.
              14. Contact Information block : Delete “Other” line in the “State” drop out list box.
              15. Contact Information block : Replace “IND” line in the “State” drop box with “IN”
              16. Contact Information block : Add “HI” line into the “State” drop box.
              17. Contact Information block : Add “NV” line into the “State” drop box.
              18. “Email” text field has to accept correct email format only with @ symbol and domain address.
              19. “Email” text field accepts empty field without reporting a missing required field.
              20. “Email” text field accepts more than 255 characters. Limit the text field to 255 characters.
              21. Contact Information block : “Referred by” text field is not indicated as required field but we get an empty field notification for it.
              22. "Phone:" label text field accepts letters and special symbols . Limit text field to digits only.
              23. "Current Provider:" list box doesn't have "Other" option.
              24. "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field should be limited to 4 characters.
              25. "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field accepts non-digit characters.

Pushing “Clear” button leads to an Error 17896 .
              Last edited by slammy85; 11-07-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Bugs:
                1. In State drop-down list states are not arranged in an alphabetic order.
                2. In ZIP text field it is possible to type letters, and paste special characters instead of numbers only.
                3. The "Best Way To Contact Me" field takes 2 lines instead of 1.
                4. Suggestion for 'Cell Phone Service' section: probably, it is better to allow to check only one check box "I am happy with my current provider" or "I am open to using different provider". Now both are available to check at once.
                5. In 'Cell Phone Service' section in the 'My monthly bill is approximately:' text field it is possible to type letters instead of numbers only.
                6. In 'Cell Phone Service' section in the 'Months left on current contract:' there are only 10 months instead of 12 in the drop-down list.
                7. In 'Cell Phone Service' section in the 'Minutes on plan:' there is unclear number of minutes. Suggestion: to change this selection for more common values.
                8. In 'Cell Phone Service' section in the 'Number of phones on plan:' there are to much options. Suggestion: to limit them and to add special offer for more phones.
                9. In 'Cell Phone Service' section in the 'I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately:' there are 24 months instead of 12.
                10. Suggestion: The word 'handset' is better to replace with a word cell phone/mobile phone.

Comment

Energy-Telecom bug report (02.11.2022):

#1. We have no default input focus
                  #2. In the "State:" field we have a 49 states shoud be 50
                  #3. In the page footer we see a 2 buttons "Submit" and "Clear". These buttons have a diffrent sizes and the different font thickness.
                  #4. In the "State:" field the first chosen state named "BC", there is no such a state in U.S.
                  #5. In the "ZIP" field i can paste the words from the other fields but , shoud be digits only
                  #6. The "Clear" button in the page footer dosen't work
                  #7. If i push a "Clear" button in the page footer, it has a strange error "Invalid Data request..."
                  #8. In the "Phone" field i can paste the words from the other fields but , shoud be digits only
                  #9. In the "Total bill" field i can paste the words from the other fields but , shoud be digits only
                  #10. In the "My monthly bill is approximately" field i can paste the words from the other fields but , shoud be digits only
                  #11. The "Referred by:" field behaves like required field
                  #12. If i push the "Submit"" button, the "City" and "Phone" fields in page header has a red asterisks, but shoud be blue
                  #13. In the "ZIP" field i can paste more than 5 digits
                  #14. The "Cell Phone Service" section in the "Months left on current contract" field has a 10 mouths instead of 12 in months
                  #15. The "Cell Phone Service" section in the "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately" field has a 24 months instead of 12 months
                  Last edited by egorychev_e; 11-02-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

#1. The button "submit" is not disabled,
                    #2. "First Name" accepts no more characters instead 31
                    #3. "Last Name" accepts no more characters instead 31
                    #4. "Referred by" field behaves as a required field
                    #5. "State" there are 48 states instead of 52
                    #6. "Zip" code accepts more then 5 characters
                    #7. "Zip" code accepts letters
                    #8. "Email" has an blue asterisk: but it is not really required
                    #9. "Phone" accepted letters
                    #10. "Clear" button dosnot clear the form
                    #11. "Clear" button invokes misleading error message
                    #12. Inconsistency between buttons "Submit" and "Clear
                    Last edited by Nyusha; 11-02-2022, 11:25 PM.

Comment

#1. “ Zip” code field accepts non-digits
                      #2. “Zip” code field allows to paste special characters.
                      #3. “My monthly bill is approximately” field accept non-digits
                      #4. “My monthly bill is approximately” field limit input to no more 4 digits
                      #5. “Number of phones on plan:” field limit input to no more 5 digits
                      #6. “Months left on current contract:” should have choice from 0 to 24 months
                      #7. ” I am opento using different provider” change to “I am open to using different provider”
                      #8. TAB order stops working after getting to the ZIP field in Opera browser
                      #9. “First Name” field accept only 30 chars instead of 31
                      #10. “Last Name” field accept only 30 chars instead of 31
                      #11. “Street Address” field accepts only 100 chars instead of 255
                      #12. “Referred By” field behaves like required field
                      #13. “Email” field have red asterisk assigned but it’s not required
                      #14. “Clear” button doesn’t clear the form
                      #15. “Clear” button leads to error message
                      #16. No default button in the form
                      #17. “Current Provider” list box is missing “Other” option
                      #18. Inconsistency between “Clear” and “Submit” buttons
                      #19. “First Name” field accept digits
                      #20. “Last Name” field accept digits
                      #21. “State” list box: remove “Other” option from the list
                      #21. “State” list box: should be 50 states instead of 49
                      #22. “My monthly bill is approximately” fields : $ char is too close to text field
                      #23. “Total Bill” fields : $ char is too close to text field
                      #24. “Zip” code field allows to paste more than 5 characters.
                      # 25. After pushing “Submit” there’s no responding letter sent to email
                      #26. In “Contact Information” section incorrect TAB order
                      #27. “Email” field allows to fill in wrong special characters
                      #28. “Phone” field allows to paste letters and special characters
                      #29. “State” list box: change value “IND” to “IN”.
                      #30. “Current Provider” list box is not in alphabetical order
                      #31. “Minutes on plan” field: there is a big gap between values “30” and “200”.

#32. “My monthly bill is approximately:” text field higher than other text fields there
                      #33. “Current Provider” list box: is missing “None” option

Comment

BUG REPORT "ENERGY-TELECOM SERVICE REVIEW"
                        #1. "Tab" does not go to the next text field "Last name"
                        #2. In search results "State" is not in alphabetical order
                        #3. In search results "State" contains a non-existent state "BS" in US
                        #4. In search results "State" should write "IN" instead "IND"
                        #5. The "Tab" button is not sequenced after "Reffered by"
                        #6. In all search results "Current Provider" should not be selected "Select one"
                        #7. "High speed internet service" in the text field "Provider" recomend making autocomlete, which was selected in the "Current Provider"
                        #8. "High speed internet service" selected "Cable" and "Wireless" at the same time
                        #9. "Cell Phone Service" in the text field "My monthly bill is approximately" used letters, recomend leaving only the digital keypad
                        #10. In the text field "Comments" button "Open Grammarly" does not work, does not detect errors
                        #11. Button "Clear" gives an "Error 17896"
                        #12. Texst field "Comment" recomend to remove the regulation of the text box size.

Comment

Energy telecom bug report
                          1. “ZIP” text field accepts non digit characters
                          2. “First Name” text field accepts 30 characters, not 31 as required.
                          3. “Lat Name” text field accepts 30 characters, not 31 as required.
                          4. “Street address” text field accepts 100 characters, instead of 250.
                          5. I can paste more than 5 characters in “ZIP” field
                          6. “Email” text field accepts more than 255 characters.
                          7. “Email” text field, doesn’t recognize a random key word as a faulty email address.
                          8. “Phone” text field, accepts non digit character if you paste them.
                          9. “Other” shouldn’t be in in “State” list box, doesn’t represent a valid state selection.
                          10. “1. Cell Phone Service” form, check boxes don’t have a restriction to check one per label.
                          11. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field, in form “1. Cell Phone Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste them.
                          12. “Primary Phone Number” text field, in form “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service”,accepts non digit character if you paste them.
                          13. “Total bill” text field, in form “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste them.
                          14. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field, in form “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste.
                          15. Two of the labels in form “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service”, end up with wrong character “?”.
                          16. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field, in form “3. High Speed Internet Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste.
                          17. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field, in form “4. TV Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste.
                          18. “My monthly bill is approximately” text field, in form “5. Home Security Service”, accepts non digit characters if you paste.
                          19. “My monthly bill is approximately (winter)” text field and “My monthly bill is approximately (summer)” text field in form “7. Gas and Electric Services” accepts non digit characters if you type them
                          20. “Submit” button has a different size then “Clear” button.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Energy-Telecom bug report
                            1. “Contact information” section : “Email” field acts like not required field. (Doesn’t appear in error message).
                            2. “Contact information” section : “Email” field accepts invalid email entry.
                            3. “Contact information” section : “ “Referred by ” field acts like required field.
                            4. “Contact information” section : TAB order skips all fields from “First name” through “Referred by”, then starts over at “First name” field and keeps functioning normally.
                            5. “Contact information” section : “State” list box acts like not required field. (Doesn’t appear in error message).
                            6. “Contact information” section : “State” list box does not include all 50 states.
                            7. “Contact information” section : “State” list box "other" is misplaced in the list.
                            8. “Clear” button mismatches “Submit” button in size.
                            9. “Cellphone service” section : “Current provider” list box doest include full list of biggest cellphone carriers and missing “Other” option.
                            10. Check boxes “I am happy with my current provider” and ”I am open to using different provider” should be replaces with radio buttons.
                            11. "My monthly bill is approximately" field accepts letters.
                            12. "Minutes on plan" drop box: the number of options is excessive or not realistic.
                            Last edited by Yura744; 11-03-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

1. Error message "* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by" should not appear after submitting a form with empty field "Referred by".
                              2. Error message should appear when empty "Email" field is submitted as it is a required field.
                              3. Invalid TAB order from the text field "First name". Cursor should move to the text field "Last name".
                              4. Invalid TAB order from the text field "Referred by". Cursor should move to the text field "Current Provider" of the section #1.
                              5. Invalid TAB order in the field "Bundled with" of the section #2. From the radio button "Internet" tab should move to the radio button "TV", then to the radio button "Both" and then to the text field "Total Bill".
                              6. Invalid TAB order in the fields "International calls included?", "Long distance included?", "I am interested in Unlimited Calling" of section #2. From the radio button "Yes" tab should move to the radio button "No" and the then to the next field.
                              7. Sort ascendingly the values in the list "State".
                              8. Exclude "Other" value from the list "State".
                              9. Add the "Other" value to the list "Current Provider" of section #1.
                              10. Sort ascendingly the values in the list "Current Provider" of the section #1.
                              11. Sort ascendingly the values in the list "Current Provider" of the section #4.
                              12. Sort ascendingly the values in the list "Current Provider" of the section #5.
                              13. Sort ascendingly the values in the list "Current Provider" of the section #7.
                              14. Make sure that the list "Number of phones on plan" of the section #1 contains correct values.
                              15. Align the check box "I am interested in Digital Phone Service (Unlimited Calling)" of section #6 with check boxes of sections #5 and #7.
                              16. Add a radio button "Other" to the field "Type of service" of the section #3.
                              17. It's impossible to type into the field "ZIP" when characters in this field are selected.
                              18. "First name" field doesn't accept more than 30 characters instead of 31.
                              19. "Last name" field doesn't accept more than 30 characters instead of 31.
                              20. "Street address" field doesn't accept more than 100 characters instead of 255.
                              21. "ZIP" field accepts more than 5 characters when pasted.
                              22. "ZIP" field accepts letters instead of digits.
                              23. "Phone" field: all three text fields accept pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              24. "Clear" button invokes a pop-up error message "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!" that is confusing.
                              25. Inconsistency in fields naming: "Months left on current contract" and "Minutes on plan" don't imply unit of measure while "I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately" field has unit of measure "month".
                              26. "My monthly bill is approximately" of the section #1 accepts letters typing instead of digits. It also accepts pasting of special characters and letters.
                              27. "Primary Phone Number" field of the section #2: all three text fields accept pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              28. "My monthly bill is approximately" field of section #1 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              29. "My monthly bill is approximately" field of section #2 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              30. "Total Bill" field of section #2 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              31. "My monthly bill is approximately" field of section #3 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              32. "My monthly bill is approximately" field of section #4 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              33. "My monthly bill is approximately" field of section #5 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              34. "My monthly bill is approximately (summer)" field of section #7 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              35. "My monthly bill is approximately (winter)" field of section #7 accepts pasting of letters and special characters instead of digits only.
                              36. Replace "opento" with "open to" in the label "I am opento using different provider" of the section #7.
                              37. Inconsistency between "Submit" and "Clear" buttons size.

Comment

#1. "Phone" field has a red asterisk, should be blue.
                                #2. "Referred by" field should not be required field.
                                #3. "Current Provider" listbox need "Other" option.
                                #4. "My monthly bill is approximately" text field should be 4 characters and digits only.
                                #5. "Months left on current contract" listbox should offer choices from 0 to 24 months.
                                #6. "Number of phones on plan" listbox should offer only 5 plans.
                                #7. Text fields "First Name" and "Last Name" should accepts maximum 31 accepts. It does 30.
                                #8. List box "State", first option should be "DC" insted of "BC".
                                #9. List box "State", missing states "HI|Hawaii" and "NV|Nevada".
                                #10. ZIP field should accept digits only.
                                #11. ZIP field should accept only existing zip code.
                                #12. ZIP field should allow only 5 digits when we paste.
                                #13. Phone field should allow only digits when we paste.
                                #14. Primary Phone Number" field should allow only digits when we paste.

Comment

Working...
                                X