• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy-Telecom Bug report Oct 25 Homework

1. 'First Name' field accepts both letters and numbers

2. 'Last Name' field accepts both letters and numbers

3. 'State' list box: HI and NV states are missing

4. 'Clear' button doesn't clear the form
    Last edited by Zhan; 11-05-2022, 10:11 AM.

Energy-Telecom UI bug report (26.10.2022)

#1. In the line #7 "Gas and Electric Services" we have a missprint: "I am opento using different provider" should be "I am open to using different provider"
    #2. We have no default input focus
    #3. In the "State:" field we have a 49 states shoud be 50
    #4. In the page footer we see a 2 buttons "Submit" and "Clear". These buttons have a diffrent sizes and the different font thickness.
    #5. In the "State:" field the first chosen state named "BC", there is no such a state in U.S.
    #6. All of the "My monthly bill is approximately:" labels have a field with dollar symbol "$". The the character is very close to the line to fill. It's UI visual bug and non-compliance with guidelines.
    #7. All of the "Total Bill:" labels have a field with dollar symbol "$". The the character is very close to the line to fill. It's UI visual bug and non-compliance with guidelines.

Comment

UI bug report for Energy-Telecom
      1. When inputting all the required fields with valid information ( including "Referred by") and completing submission to the site there is no submission letter sent to email.
      2. Incorrect TAB order in section “Contact Information”. From the field “First Name” you jump to field “Refered by” and after that to field “Last name”.
      3. No error message when left required “Email” field empty and submit.
      4. “Email” field allows to input unappropriate special characters (=,+, &,%,*).
      5. “ZIP” field allows to fill in letters.
      6. “ZIP” field allows to paste special characters.
      7. “ZIP” field allows to paste more than 5 characters.
      8. “Phone” field allows to paste letters and special characters.
      9. “Refered by” field behaves as a required field but has no asterisk.
      10. Section “Contact Information”, “State” field: value “BC” not USA State but Canada State.
      11. Section “Contact Information”, “State” field: values “AL”, “AK”, “AR”, “AZ”, “IA”, “MA”, “ME”, “MD”, “MO”, “MS”, “NE”, “NY”, “NC”, “VT”, “VA”, “WI”, “WV” are not of alphabet order.
      12. Section “Contact Information”, “State” field: change value “IND” to “IN”.
      13. Section “Contact Information”, “State” field: value “Other” should be deleted, because there is an attept to show all states.
      14. Section “Contact Information”, “State” field: values “DC”, “HI” and “NV” are missing.
      15. Section “1. Cell Phone Service”, “Current Provider” field: need to add values “None” and “Other”.
      16. Section “1. Cell Phone Service” the field “Current Provider” has a list box in not an alphabet order.
      17. Section “1. Cell Phone Service”, “Minutes on plan” field: between values “30” and “200” it is a big gap.
      18. Section “1. Cell Phone Service”, “Minutes on plan” field: between values “2000” and “2100” it is a small gap.
      19. Section “1. Cell Phone Service”, “Months left on current contract” Field: value from 11 to 24 are missing.
      20. Section “1. Cell Phone Service”, “My monthly bill is approximately:” text field have width and height more than other fields in the current session.
      21. Section “1. Cell Phone Service” the field “My monthly bill is approximately” allows you to input letters and paste special characters.
      22. Section “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service” the field “Current Provider” has a list box in not an alphabet order.
      23. Section “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service” the field “Current Provider” add “None” to the list box.
      24. Section: “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service” field “Primary Phone Number” allows to paste letters.
      25. Section: “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service” field “My monthly bill is approximately” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      26. Section: “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service” field “Total Bill” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      27. Section: “2. Local/Long Distances/International Service”: in fields: “International calls included?” and “ Long distance included?” change “?” to “:”.
      28. Section: “3. High Speed Internet Service” field “My monthly bill is approximately” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      29. Section: “3. High Speed Internet Service” the field “Current Provider” add “None” to the list box.
      30. Section: “4. TV Service” field “My monthly bill is approximately” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      31. Section: “4. TV Service” the field “Current Provider” add “None” to the list box.
      32. Section “5. Home Security Service” the field “Current Provider” has a list box in not an alphabet order.
      33. Section: “5. Home Security Service” field “My monthly bill is approximately” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      34. Section “7. Gas and Electric Services” the field “Current Provider” has a list box in not an alphabet order.
      35. Section “7. Gas and Electric Services” the field “Current Provider” add “None” to the list box.
      36. Section: “7. Gas and Electric Services” field “My monthly bill is approximately (summer)” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      37. Section: “7. Gas and Electric Services” field “My monthly bill is approximately (winter)” allows to paste letters and special characters.
      38. Section: “7. Gas and Electric Services” a label of check box: ”I am opento using different provider” you should change to “I am open to using different provider”.
      39. At the end of the page the buttons “Submit” and “Clear” have different length and height, labels have different font size.
      40. Enable to clear the field when pushing the button “Clear”.
      41. When pushing “Clear” appears window with misleading message (17896 “ Invalid data request. Please call technical support).
      42. There is no default button.
      43. Suggestion: section “Contact Information”, label field “Best Way To Contact Me” is written not very attractively to the user. It use two rows but the text in the rows is allocated not evenly.
      44. Suggestion: section “Contact Information”, label field “Best Way To Contact Me:” all first letters are capital. change to the “Best way to contact Me”.
      45. Suggestion: section: “3. High Speed Internet Service” field "Type of service" change check box “Wireless Aircard” to radiobutton.
      46. Suggestion: section: “4. TV Service”: field "I currently have" change check boxes “HDTV” and “DVR” to radiobuttons
      47. Suggestion: section: “4. TV Service”: field "I currently have" add “Both” radiobutton for better visualizing.
      48. Suggestion: section 1,2,3,4,5,7: in the field “My monthly bill is approximately” change text field to list box with values “0-49, 50-99, 100-199, ….950-1000”.
      49. Suggestion: section 2: in the field ”Total bill” change text field to list box with values “0-49, 50-99, 100-199, ….950-1000”.
      Last edited by maria_d; 11-02-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Energy-Telecom UI bug reports
        #1 No default input focus in “Contact Information” section (suggested “First Name” text field)
        #2 Tab order problems: after the “First Name” text field it goes to the “Referred by” text field instead of “Last Name”
        #3 In the “State” listbox “Other” item goes in the middle of the list instead of putting it at the end of the list
        #4 Capital letters in the label “Best Way To Contact Me:” (inconsistency with other phrases containing labels): replace with “Best way to contact me:”
        #5 Tab order problems: after “Best Way To Contact Me” text field it goes to the “Current Provider” text field instead of “Referred by” text field
        #6 “Best Way To Contact Me” label inconsistency with other labels in “Contact Information” section: its name takes two lines while others take only one.
        #7 Capital letters in the label “I am interested in Unlimited Calling” (inconsistency with other phrases containing labels): replace with “I am interested in unlimited calling:”
        #8 “Wireless Aircard” Check box shape (square) doesn’t match the round shape of others Check boxes in the “3.High Speed Internet Service” section

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service Review bug report

#1. The row “Referred By“ has a required asterisk after clicking Submit button.

#2. Button “TAB“ after first Name goes to “Referee by“ .

#3. Button “Clear“ does not clear the form.

#4. No “Other“ in 1 Menu “Current Provide“.

#5. “State“ shows 49, one is missing.

#6. ZIP code accept all characters .

#7. It is only 10 months on current contract

#8. “Clear“ button is inconsistency (small than Submit button)

#9. “Email“ has a blue asterisk after Submit button.
          Last edited by rugbisto; 11-02-2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Main block
            1.The ZIP code field takes only 5 digits if type, but it takes an unlimited amount of digits, letters and special characters, if paste.
            2.The E-mail field takes cyrillic letters. The amount of characters it takes when type and paste is 1063.
            3.The Phone field is divided into 3 and we can’t exactly figure, what of these three fields is required.
            4.The Phone field takes only digits when type, but takes digits, letters, cyrillic letters and special characters, when paste.
            5.The Phone field should chunk the digits of the phone number between three fields, while pasting.
            6.In the field State the Drop box is not in alphabetical order.
            7.In the Drop box of field State, word Other should be placed below all other varians.
            8.In the Drop box of field State there’s wrong abbreviation (IND), non-existing states.
            9.In the Drop box of field State there are 49 states instead of 50.
            10.Fields ‘Last name’ and ‘Street address’ should be longer to adjust with ZIP code field.
            11.The ‘City’ field takes cyrillic letters.

1st block
            12.“My monthly bill is approximately:” field takes 11 characters (digits and letters), if type.
            13.“My monthly bill is approximately:” field takes 11 characters of any type (digits. letters. special characters, cyrillic letters), if paste. This problem is seen in each block in the “My monthly bill is approximately:” field.
            14.In the Drop box of ‘Minutes on plan:’ field there are inaccurate variants. For example you can’t choose 600 or 800, 5000.
            15.In the Drop box of the ‘Months left on current contract:’ field there’s no variant 11.

2nd block
            16.The ‘Primary Phone Number:’ field takes only digits when type, but takes digits, letters, cyrillic letters and special characters, when paste.
            17.The ‘Primary Phone Number:’ field should chunk the digits of the phone number between three fields, while pasting.
            18.‘Total Bill:’ field takes 11 digits only, when type, but it takes any type of characters (digits. letters. special characters, cyrillic letters), when paste.

4th block
            19.The Drop box of a ‘Current Provider:’ field is not in alphabetical order. This problem is seen in each block at a ‘Current Provider:’ field.

8th block
            20.The field ‘Comments’ takes an unlimited amount of characters. It also takes digits. letters. special characters, cyrillic letters both type and paste.
            21.When we push a “Clear’ button, there appears an error-window on the top of the screen with the text: ‘Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!’
            Last edited by TatianaNovikova; 10-27-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

# 1 Cursor is not in first field ("First Name:")
              # 2 Field order is not correct
              # 3 In "ZIP:" field must be entry only digits
              # 4 "5. Home Security Service": if check "I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information.", "My monthly bill is approximately:" stay enabled
              # 5 "High Speed Internet Service": uncheck "Wireless Aircard" is not erasing "Provider:"
              # 6 In "First Name:" field must not be able digits
              # 7 In "Last Name:" field must not be able digits
              # 8 "Referred by:" replace with "* Referred by:"
              # 9 "Clear" button is not work propertly

Comment

1. There is no default position/box. You have to use cursor to choose one.
                2. Using tab from First Name you go to Reffered by. You should go to Last Name box.
                3. Current provider list box doesn't have Other option.
                4. Clear button reports an Error 17896. It should clear the provided fields.
                5. Referred by person is required field because there is an information after you press the submit button. Referred by should not be required field.
                6. There is no other option to choose in list box with label Months left on current contract:.
                7. Clear and Submit buttons should be the same size.

Comment

#1 In the tab 3. High Speed Internet Service - Current Provider: Item list not in alphabetical order
                  #2 Default tab is not activated
                  #3 Replace square check box with round on 3. High Speed Internet Service - Type of service: options
                  #4 Minutes on plan: tab selection numbers are inconsistent, add more options

Comment

ENERGY bugs.

1.By accesing the website www.Energy-Telecom.com the page is showing in a small format.
                    2.In the ''Contact Information''tabel the user is allowed to type numbers in ''First Name''and ''Last Name''dfields.
                    3.In the tabel tabel ''Contact Information'' by clicking on ''State'' field,the states appear with 2 letters which can be a misunderstanding for user.
                    4.''TAB''order is not working properly,by pressing it is moving from top to bottom then from right to left.
                    5.In the table ''1.Cell Phone Service'' the fields ''Minutes on plan'' ''Numbers of phone on plan'' and I upgraded my phone approximately '' is showing strict value,but should contain and custom value choosed by user.
                    6.In the tabel ''2.Local/Long Distances/International Service'' in the field ''Total Bull'' user is allowed to ''copy/paste'' letters and characters.
                    7.In the tabel ''3.High Speed Internet Service'' user is allowed to ''copy/paste''numbers in the ''Provider''field.
                    8.In the tabel ''6.Digital Phone Service with Video Phone'' is missing the second option of ''Not interested in Digital Phone Service''

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service report:
                      • #1 - in column "Contact information" field zip code admits "letters"
                      • #2 - in column "Contact information" field zip code allows to paste "special characters"
                      • #3 - in "Energy telecom form" after form#8buttons "submit"/ "clear" have different size
                      • #4 - in column "Contact information" field zip code allows to paste more than "5 numbers"
                      • #5 - in column "Contact information" field state allows you to choose "Other"
                      Energy-Telecom Service report:

#1. Section: "Contact information" label "referred by:" doesn't have asterisk
                      #2. Section: "Contact information" "Zip code" field accept to paste more then 5 characters
                      #3. Section: "Contact information" "Zip code" field accept to paste special characters
                      #4. Section: "Contact information" "State" field has the option to choose "other state"
                      #5. Section: "Contact information" "Email" accept all special characters Requirements: E-Mail (accepts letters, digits, some special characters – @ . – _ )
                      #6. Section: " Cell Phone Service" "Current Provider:" doesn't have "other" provider
                      #7. Section: "Contact information" "City" label accept to write more than 50 characters Requirements: "No more than 50. Required field."
                      #8. Section: "Contact information" "First Name" accept only 30 characters Requirements: " No more than 31. Required field."
                      #9. Section: "Contact information" "Last Name" accept only 30 characters Requirements: " No more than 31. Required field."
                      #10. Section: "Contact information" "Street address" field accept no more than 100 characters Requirements: "No more than 255. Required field."
                      #11. When we push "Clear" button we have confusing message "Error 17896. Please call technical support or restart your computer"
                      Last edited by Maslov Alex; 11-06-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Energy Telecom UI bug report:

#1. "State" listbox missed state Hawaii (HI)
                        #2. "State" listbox missed state Nevada (NV)
                        #3. Remove state "BC" from "State" listbox
                        #4. Remove "Other" from "State" listbox since this is an extra item
                        #5. Replace "IND" (Indiana) with "IN" in "State" listbox
                        #6. No alphabetical sorting in "State" listbox
                        #7. Replace "Best Way To Contact Me:" with "Best way to contact me:"
                        #8. Inconsistenscy of "Submit" and "Clear" buttons (sizes are different)
                        #9. Inconsistenscy of "Submit" and "Clear" buttons (fonts are different)

Comment

#1. "Last Name" field should accept up to 31 characters, no 30 as it accepts now.
                          #2.Suggestion: remove the line "BC" from the list of 50 states(field "State"), it does not apply to any of the states.
                          #3.Name of the state of Indiana in the lists of 50 states(field "State"): "IND" replace "IN"
                          #4.In the "State" field, when you select the state of Indiana ("IND") and click "Submit", the "State" field becomes empty.
                          #5.Nevada ("NV") is missing in the "State" field, add Nevada ("NV") to the list of 50 states.
                          #6.Suggestion: In the field "State" in the list of 50 states, move the line "Other" to the bottom of the list or delete the line "Other" if there is a condition that the list should include only 50 states.
                          #7.Suggestion: In the field "State", when selecting the "Other" line from the list, add a field for entering other information.
                          #8.The "Email" field accepts more than 255 characters.
                          #9.When the "Email" field is empty and "Submit" is clicked, there is no "Please enter your Email" message.
                          #10.Field "Email": The color of the special character "*" indicating the required field is blue, in the remaining required fields the special character "*" is red.
                          #11.Suggestion: The color of the special character "*" indicating the required field of all fields should be changed to blue, and when you click "Submit" in the empty fields, the color of the special character "*" should be changed to red.

Comment

#1. "Contact information" section: Tab moves not to next text field (First Name vs Last Name).
                            #2. "Contact information" section, "State" list box: excess information (BC).
                            #3. "Contact information" section, "State" list box: missing information (DC, HI, NV).
                            #4. "Contact information" section, "State" list box: incorrect information (IND vs. IN).
                            #5. "Contact information" section, "State" list box: not alphabet order (other).
                            #6. "Contact information" section: "ZIP" textfield allows to fill in letters.
                            #7. "Contact information" section: "ZIP" textfield allows to paste letters.
                            #8. "Contact information" section: "First Name" textfield allows to fill in digits.
                            #9. "Contact information" section: "Last Name" textfield allows to fill in digits.
                            #10. "Contact information" section: label "Best Way To Contact Me:" all letters are capital vs "Best way to contact Me:
                            #11. "Cell phone Service" section: checkboxes "I am happy with my current provider" and "I am open to using different provider" allows user to select them together.
                            #12. "Cell phone Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to fill in letters.
                            #13. "Cell phone Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #14. "Cell phone Service" section, "Months left on current contract:": missing 11, 12 at list box.
                            #15. "Cell phone Service" section, "Minutes on plan:" list box: big gap between 30 and 200.
                            #16. "Cell phone Service" section: "I am interested in a wireless card for my laptop" checkbox no make sense.
                            #17. "Cell phone Service" section: checkboxes "I like my handset" and "I am interested in updating my handset" allows user to select them together.
                            #18. "Cell phone Service" section, "Current Provider:" list box: drop-down list is not an alphabet order.
                            #19. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" section, "Current Provider:" list box: drop-down list is not an alphabet order.
                            #20. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" section: "Primary Phone Number:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #21. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #22. "Local/Long Distances/International Service" section: "Total Bill:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #23. "High Speed Internet Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #24. "TV Service" section, "Current Provider:" list box: drop-down list is not an alphabet order.
                            #25. "TV Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #26. "Home Security Service" section, "Current Provider:" list box: drop-down list is not an alphabet order.
                            #27. "Home Security Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately:" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #28. "Gas and Electric Services" section, "Current Provider:" list box: drop-down list is not an alphabet order.
                            #29. "Gas and Electric Services" section: "My monthly bill is approximately (summer):" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #30. "Gas and Electric Services" section: "My monthly bill is approximately (winter):" text field allows to paste letters.
                            #31. "Gas and Electric Services" section: checkbox "I am opento using different provider" has spelling mistake "opento" vs "open to".
                            #32. "Comments" section: button "Submit" is larger than button "Clear" or button "Clear" is smaller than button "Submit".
                            #33. "Comments" section: button "Clear" doesn't fulfill its function.
                            #34. After pushing "Submit" button at field warning text field shows excess line: "* Please enter the name of the person you were referred by".
                            #35. "* Indicates required field" label doesn't have red color.
                            Last edited by Zh777; 10-30-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

#1. On the page: no default input focus.
                              #2. State listbox in the section "Contact Information" has incorrect list of the States of the U.S.
                              #3. ZIP text field in the section "Contact Information" allows to paste special characters and letters instead of digitals only.
                              #4. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" in subsection "Current Provider": replace checkboxes with radio buttons.
                              #5. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" text field after label "My monthly bill is approximately" allows to inoput letters charachters.
                              #6. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" text field after label "My monthly bill is approximately" allows to paste special characters.
                              #7. Inconsistency: in the section "1. Cell Phone Service" after label "Minutes on plan" dropdown list has irregular steps of values.
                              #8. In the section "Contact infomation" tab order is illogical.
                              #9. In the section "Contact infomation" "Email" text field allows to input special characther which cannot be used in email address.
                              #10. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" after label "Months lef on currents contract" dropdown list has incorrect item "Prepaid".
                              #11. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" replace checkboxes "I like my handset" and "I am interested in updating my handset" with radio bottons.
                              #12. In the section "1. Cell Phone Service" checkbox "I am interested in a wireless card for my laptop" is located illogical: it should be moved to the section "3.High Speed Internet Service".
                              #13. There is no error message of empty text field "Email" in the section section "Contact Information" after pushing button "Submit".
                              #14. In the section "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" radio buttons after label "Bundled with" has no item "None".
                              #15. In the section "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service" text field after label "Primary Phone Number" are redundant because the same text fields are located at the section "Contact Information".
                              #16. Inconsistency of dropdown lists on the sections "Current Porvider" in the sections "1. Cell Phone Service" and "2. Local/Long Distances/International Service".
                              #17. Inconsistency: at the end of the page buttons "Submit" and "Clear" are different of the sizes.

Comment

Working...
                              X