No announcement yet.

Online Class October 13, 2020 Bug Reports for Energy-Telecom Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1. Contact information: "Best Way To Contact Me" instead of "Best way to contact me"
    #2. "ZIP" field accepts non-digits
    #3. Wrong TAB order "First Name" folowed by "Reffered by:"
    #4. "Email" field has an asterisk assigned, but it is not required
    #5. "First Name" accepts just 30 characters, not 31 as required
    #6. "Last Name" accepts just 30 characters, not 31 as required
    #7. "Referred by" is not required, but it behaves as required
    #8. "State" list box: "BC" is not US, must be deleted
    #9. "State" list box: "IND" instead of "IN"
    #10. "State" list box: "Other" must be removed, as there are only 50 states
    #11. "State" list box: "HI" state is missed
    #12. Cell Phone Service: "Current Provider" list box - "Other" option is missed
    #13. Cell Phone Service: "Current Provider" list box - "AT&T" option is missed
    #14. Gas and Electric Services: Check box misspelled - "...opento" instead of "..open to"
    #15. "Clear" button doesn't clear the form
    #16. No default button in the form

Comment

“Referred by” field behaves as it is required field, but does not have acterisk.
      “Email” field has an asterisk, but behaves as not required, error message is not provided.
      “First Name” field accepts not more than 30 instied of 31.
      “Last Name” field accepts not more than 30 instied of 31.
      “Street Address” field accepts not more than 100 instied of 255.
      “ZIP code” field accepts letters and Emoji , should accept digits only.
      “Email” field accepts not more than 190 instied of 255.
      “Phone” field accepts Emoji , should accept digits only.
      "Clear" button does not clear the form.
      “Email” field accepts Emoji and all special characters, not only “- @ . - _”

Comment

1. "Referred by" field is treated as a required field but doesn’t have an asterisk
        2. “Emai” field contains blue asterisk instead of red in Mozilla Browser
        3. “Email” field is not processed as a required field
        4. “Phone” field contains red asterisk instead of blue in Chrome Browser
        5. “First Name” field accepts numbers and special characters
        6. “Last Name” field accepts numbers and special characters
        7. “Street Address” field accepts special characters
        8. “City” field accepts numbers and special characters
        9. “State” list box: remove BC from the list
        10. “State” list box: add HI (Hawaii) state to the list
        11. “State” list box: add NV (Nevada) state to the list
        12. “State” list box: replace IND with IN
        13. “ZIP” field accepts letters instead of accepting digits only
        14. “ZIP” field accepts 00000 no existing code
        15. Section 1/“Current Provider” list box. Add AT&T to the list
        16. Section 1/“Current Provider” list box. Add “other” option to the list
        17. Section 1/"My monthly bill is approximately" field should not accept letters
        18. Section 1/“Months left on current contract” list box. Add 11-23
        19. Section 2/ Violation of TAB order: From “My monthly bill is approximately” field the input focus goes to “Both" check box instead of “Internet"
        20. Section 2/ Violation of TAB order: From “International calls included” Yes checkbox the input focus goes to the lower “Yes" check box instead of “No”
        21. Section 3/ Violation of TAB order: From “Cable” check box focus input goes to “Wireless Aircard” checkbox
        22. Section 3/ Violation of TAB order: From “TV” check box focus input goes to the next section instead of “Phone” check box
        23. Section 4/ Violation of TAB order: From “Internet” check box focus input goes to the “Number of receivers” list box instead of “Phone” check box
        24. Section 7/ Check box: replace “open” with “open to"
        25. Section 8. Inconsistency in font of “submit” and “clear” buttons
        26. Section 8. Inconsistency in size of “submit” and “clear” buttons
        27. “Clear’ button doesn’t clear the form
        28. “Clear” button invokes a confusing and misleading error
        29. Violation of TAB order: From “Clear” button focus input goes to url bar

Comment

1. No default input focus after page loads
          2. Tab order is illogical. Starting from "First Name" it tabs into "Referred by" then "Last Name". The rest of the tab order is correct.
          3. Under "1. Cell Phone Service" - "months" after select list box should be "months ago".
          4. "Email" is listed as a required field, but page allows submission without it.
          5. "Referred by" is not listed as a required field, but page does not allow submission without it.
          6. "State" list box does not list the states in alphabetical order.
          7. "State" list box - should not include BC. Needs to be removed.
          8. "State" list box - missing HI and NV. Needs to be added to list.
          9. "State" list box - IND is the incorrect abbreviation. Replace with IN
          10. "State" list box - "Other" should be placed last on the list.

Comment

TESTED IN CHROME, WIN 10

Contact Information

A "First Name" and "Last Name" Can be numbers or symbols

B "Tab" jumps from "First Name" to "Referred by" and then goes to "Last Name"
            And Tab only goes to the first option of this sections
            Bundled with: Internet TV Both
            Total Bill: $
            International calls included? Yes No
            Long distance included? Yes No
            I am interested in Unlimited Calling: Yes No
            Type of service: Cable Dial-up DSL
            Wireless Aircard Provider:
            Bundled with: TV Phone Both

C "State" are not listed in alphabetical order, i don't know if states are correct or even the phone number can be correct.

D "ZIP" can be letters and once you select text written, you can't overwrite it, you have to delete first.

E "Referred by:" can be numbers and symbols

F "Email:" admits anything written on it, even blank answer, and it doesn't output when "Submitted" as a required field

1. Cell Phone Service
            A "Cell Phone Service" Only allows 10 months left on current contract, It should have the option for "more"
            B I last upgraded my phone(s) approximately: Select 0123456789101112131415161718192021222324 More months AGO
            C "Months left"If you press a number to jump to 1, 2, 3, etc. months it gets stuck at some point, in example. I press 2, and then i press 4 and it maybe goes to 4th month, but if i press 5 or 2 again, it just doesn't do anything IT HAPPENS THE SAME to any drop down in the form containing numbers and letters. D My monthly bill is approximately: should only be numbers.
            2. Local/Long Distances/International Service
            A Same issue of all drops down and TAB
            3. High Speed Internet Service
            A Same issue of all drops down and TAB
            4. TV Service
            A Same issue of all drops down and TAB but HDTV and DVR choices
            5. Home Security Service
            A Same issue of all drops down
            6. Digital Phone Service with Video Phone
            ----
            7. Gas and Electric Services
            A Same issue of all drops down
            8. Comments

"Clear" displays Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!! and doesn't clear the form

"Submit" Is much bigger than Clear, box and text size

Comment

- "Last Name" field accepts no more than 30 characters, but should accept no more than 31.
              - "Street Address" field accepts no more than 100 characters, but should accept no more than 255.
              - "State" listbox contains list item "BC", an abbreviation for Canadian province British Columbia.
              - "State" listbox contains list item "IND", while all other list items are two-letter abbreviations.
              - "State" listbox does not contain list items "HI" and "NV".
              - "State" listbox contains unneccessary item "Other".
              - "ZIP" field accepts non-digits instead of digits only.
              - "Email" field does not accept the special character "_", which is commonly used in e-mail addresses.
              - "Email" field accepts more than 255 characters, but should accept no more than 255.
              - "Email" field is treated as a required field, as per requirements.
              - "Email" field information is missing in sales lead e-mail sent to the services broker.
              - "Phone" field does not allow submission of form when certain area codes containing 3 digits (e.g. "123") are entered.
              - "Referred by" is treated as a required field, but it does not have an asterisk assigned.
              - Pushing "Clear" button does not clear form.
              - Pushing "Clear" button generates confusing and misleading error message "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!".
              - Inconsistency in dimensions of "Submit" and "Clear" buttons.
              - No default button is present in form.
              - Violation of tab order: Input focus field goes from "First Name:" to "Referred By:"
              - Label capitalization inconsistency: Some labels have all words capitalized (e.g. "Best Way To Contact Me"), while others do not (e.g. "Months left on plan").
              - "Current Provider" listbox item alphabetization inconsistency: "Current Provider" list items are alphabetized in "High Speed Internet Service" section, but not in other sections.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Current Provider" listbox missing "AT&T" list item.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Current Provider" listbox missing "Other" list item.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Current Provider" listbox list items are not in alphabetical order.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Months left of current contract:" listbox should contain list items 11-24, as well as list item "More".
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Months left of current contract:" listbox is followed by label "months", but should be followed by "months ago".
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Minutes on plan:" listbox should contain minute ranges.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "Minutes on plan:" listbox should contain the list item "More" rather than "Other".
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately" field should not accept letters.
              - "Cell Phone Service" section: "My monthly bill is approximately" field does not accept the character ".".
              - "My monthly bill is approximately" and "Total Bill" fields: let's limit input to 3 or 4 digits, not 11.
              - "Number of phones on plan" listbox: let's limit options to no more than 10 rather than 100+.
              - The title of section 2, "Local/Long Distances/International Service" is misspelled. The word "Distances" should be spelled "Distance".
              - Inconsistent use of user controls for "Type of service:" selection items. Radio buttons used for most items, but checkbox used for "Wireless Aircard" item.
              - "Bundled with:" radio buttons in all sections should be replaced with check boxes, as user may not have any bundled service.
              - "Gas and Electric Services": "I am opento using different provider" label should read "I am open to using a different provider".
              - Form can be submitted with wild card entries in text input fields (e.g. "Thom*s", "Thom?s").
              Last edited by AntonSVinogradov; 10-30-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

#1 Missing e-mail after filling out the form.
                #2 Field "Referred by" isn't required, but form can't be completed and sent without it.
                #3 Drop list "State" is incorrect: "BC" (British Columbia) ist't State of USA, "HI" is missing, "other" option isn't neccesary.
                #4 Inconsistency in style of the buttons "Submit", "Clear": font's size, button's size.
                #5 "Current provider" in section "Cell phone services" has opportunity for choosing both options "I am happy with my current provider" and "I am open to using different provider".
                #6 "Months left on plan" in section "TV Service" has not option "more".
                #7 "TV service": "Bundled with" doesn't have option "only TV".
                #8 "Home Security Service" doesn't have option "I don't need it".

Comment

1. Default input focus is not used.
                  2. Tab order jumps from "First Name" to "Referred by" instead of "Last Name" field.
                  3. Misspelling in "Gas and Electric Services" section: "opento vs open to".
                  4. "First Name" field
                  - Enter any character
                  - Push "Submit" button
                  - Observe: no error message exposed.
                  4'. "Last Name" field
                  - Enter any character
                  - Push "Submit" button
                  - Observe: no error message exposed.
                  5. "Referred by" field: should we have an asterisk given to the field. Otherwise stop processing the field as a required one.
                  6. "ZIP" field allows to enter non-existent ZIP codes.
                  7. "Clear" button generates error message.
                  8. "Contact Information" section, "State" list box: "HI" and "NV" states are missing.
                  9. "$" box in "Cell Phone Service" section: Letters allowed with no error message.
                  10.Inconsistency in status of "Email" field: either erase the asterisk or start processing the field as a required one.

Comment

1. No default input focus implemented, the default text should be entered in the "First Name:"
                    2. In the field "First Name:" in addition to letters, numbers can be entered;
                    3. Special characters are available for input in the "First Name:" field -! "#%:,.; () @ # $ ^ & * - = + [~;;
                    4. In the field "Last Name:", in addition to letters, numbers can be entered;
                    5. Special characters are available for input in the "Last Name:" field -! "#%:,.; () @ # $ ^ & * - = + [~;;
                    6. In the "Street Address:" field, in addition to letters and numbers, special characters are available for input -! "№%:,.; () @ # $ ^ & * - = + [~;
                    7. In the field "City:" in addition to letters, numbers can be entered;
                    8. Special characters are available for input in the "City:" field -! "#%:,.; () @ # $ ^ & * - = + [~;;
                    9. In the "Email:" field, in addition to entering letters, numbers and admissible special characters, unacceptable special characters are available for input - # $% ^ & * () "#%:, - = + [~;
                    10. In the "ZIP:" field, the allowed value is - 00000;
                    11. In the "State:" field, not all states are listed alphabetically.
                    12. In the "State:" field, move the "other" option to the top or bottom of the list of states.
                    13. In the "State:" field there are no states State of Hawaii (HI), State of Indiana (IN) State of Nevada (NV) you need to add them
                    14. In the "State:" field there are non-existent designations of states (BC) and (IND), you need to remove them
                    15. In the field "Provider:" in addition to letters, numbers can be entered;
                    16. Special characters are available for input in the "Provider:" field -! "#%:,.; () @ # $ ^ & * - = + [~;;
                    17. In the "First Name:" field, in addition to the Latin text format, text input in the Cyrillic format is supported;
                    18. In the "Last Name:" field, in addition to the Latin text format, text input in the Cyrillic format is supported;
                    19. In the "City:" field, in addition to the Latin text format, text input in the Cyrillic format is supported;
                    20. In the "Email:" field, in addition to the Latin text format, text input in the Cyrillic format is supported;
                    21. In the "Referred by::" field, in addition to the Latin text format, text input in the Cyrillic format is supported;
                    22. The "Clear" button does not work, when pressed it gives an error - Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!;
                    23. In the section "7. Gas and Electric Services" replace part of the text "I am open to using different provider" with "I am open to using different provider"
                    Last edited by VeryLucky; 06-21-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

1. When pusshing the TAB BUTTON doesn not move input focus to the left,goes to the button then to the top again
                      2. State options are not in alphabetical order.
                      3.Field"Referred by"is not requierd but if you want to submit the form it has to be fill out
                      4. In the first section we can not enter the amount of the bill,we are not able to use numeric characters
                      5. Months left on current contract: there is no option for 12 months only 9
                      6.In section 4 "Number of receivers" there is no option to chose more than 5 receivers
                      7. In section 7 "opento" is misspelled
                      Also once we check the box the "delete button becomes disable

Comment

1 Not user friendly font
                        2 No default input focus implemented
                        3 Text field "First name" accepts symbols
                        4 Text field "Last name" accepts symbols
                        5 Text field "Street address" accepts symbols
                        6 After “Street address field”, below I recommend “Second street address” for apartment number or building number
                        7 Text field “Phone” accepts copy past symbols
                        8 Text field “Phone” accepts copy past letters
                        9 After “Phone” field between first (area code) and second text fields hyphen symbol is not required
                        10 In “Phone” field second text field allows to be empty
                        11 After “Phone” field I suggest adding “Extension” text field
                        12 “Zip code” field accepts letters
                        13 “City” text field accepts symbols
                        14 “Email” text field accepts random combination of symbols. The accepted format should be letters, numbers and approved symbols with @ symbol and .com at the end
                        15 “Best way to contact” me section should have “Letter” option in addition by Phone and Email.
                        16 Section “Cell phone Services” in drop down box should have function of typing first letter to find required provider faster
                        17 “My monthly bill is approximately” text box accepts letters
                        18 “Months left on current contract” drop down box shows numbers up to 10. I advise to show up to 12
                        19 Minutes on plan drop down box has option “Other” but there is no text field to fill in other amount of minutes. I suggest adding an extra box.
                        20 “Months left on current contract” drop box has numbers up to 10. I recommend up to 12
                        21 Number of phones on plan drop box has option “More”. I recommend adding text box “More” to type another number
                        22 Text “Field I last updated my phone (s) approximately”, drop box says “months” should say “months ago”
                        23 “Local/long distance/international Service” text will look better with space before and after slash sign “Local / Long distance / International Service”
                        24 “Primary phone number” text field accepts copy past letters
                        25 “Primary phone number” text field accepts copy past symbols
                        26 “Primary phone number” text doesn’t need hyphen symbol after area code
                        27 “My monthly bill is approximately” text field accepts copy past symbols
                        28 “Gas and electric services” section, “Current Provider” drop box had option “Other”. I recommend extra text input field to add another provider
                        29 “My monthly bill is approximately (summer)” text field accepts copy past symbols
                        30 I recommend changing “My monthly bill is approximately (summer)” text to “My summer monthly bill is approximately”
                        31 “My monthly bill is approximately (winter)” text field accepts copy past symbols
                        32 I recommend changing “My monthly bill is approximately (winter)” text to “My winter monthly bill is approximately”
                        33 Check box “I’m opento using different provider” text typed incorrectly and should be “I’m open to using different provider”
                        34 “Clear” button in “Comments section” doesn’t work and when clicked gives “Error” message
                        35 “State” drop down box has only 49 states listed. One more should be added.
                        36 “State” drop down box should have District of Columbia option
                        37 “State” drop down box has wrong abbreviation for Indiana state, it should be IN.
                        38 “State” drop down box had Other option which is not needed
                        39 Text “7. Gas and Electric Services” sounds incorrect. Please edit the text.
                        40 When moving between data input field with Tab button after “First name” selection moves to “Referred” by, rather than to “Last Name”

Comment

1. There is no defaul input focus
                          2. There is no default button
                          3. Tag order is not logical, after "first name" it goes to "Referred by" instead "Last name"
                          4. Label "Email" is a required field but after submit application does not require to enter it.
                          5. Label "Referred by" is not a required field but after push the button submit, application asks to enter this information.
                          6. It is possible to enter only number characters in the "First name"
                          7. It is possible to enter only number characters in the "Last name"
                          8. Label "ZIP" accepts not existing zip codes
                          9. Label "Email" accepts anything including only numbers, special characters or letters (not email format)
                          10. By pushing button "Clear", it does not clear all information from the page, instead there is an error - "Error 17896 - Invalid data request"
                          11. Label "Intenational calls included" in section "2.Local/Long Distances/International Service" has question character instrad colon.
                          12. Label "Long distance included" in section "2.Local/Long Distances/International Service" has question character instrad colon.

Comment

1. The TAB order doesn't work right for "Contact Information" : after "First Name" focus is set to "Referred by:" instead of "Last Name:"

2. Missing asterisk for required field "Referred by:"

3. Email is required field, but user is allowed to submit empty/invalid email

4. Form data aren't cleared by refreshing after the form was submitted

5. "Clear" button doesn't clear the form

6. Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" doesn't have disabled color (gray) after checking the checkbox "I do not have home security services today, but I am interested in getting more information"

7. There is a typo in "opento" in part 7

8. Different letter case format for "Contact Information" part:" "Best Way To Contact Me:" but it should be "Best way to contact me:"

9. Different letter case format for " Local/Long Distances/International Service": "Total Bill:" but it should be "Total bill:"

10. Field "My monthly bill is approximately:" from "Cell Phone Service" allows user to use letters

11. Field "ZIP:" allows user to use letters

12. Buttons "Clear" and "Submit" are not disabled when the form is empty

13. There is no default input focus.

Comment

1.TAB order isn't logical: from "First Name:" field if Tab button is pressed it goes to "Referred by:" field.
                              2.The First Name and Last name allow characters to be inserted
                              3. The ZIP field accepts letters
                              4.Current provider allowed to check the boxes at the same time
                              5. The button "Clear" on page shows "Error 17896 - Invalid data request. Please call technical support or restart your computer !!!"

Comment

Energy-Telecom Service testing:
                                1. Violation of the requirements: text field "First name" accepts no more than 30 characters (instead of no more than 31 character as per requirements).
                                2. Violation of the requirements: text field "Last name" accepts no more than 30 characters (instead of no more than 31 character as per requirements).
                                3. In the section #4 in the list box selection under the label "Months left on plan" the value "prepaid" is inconsistent.
                                4. Data validation is missing in all drop down lists with an option "Select one". "Select one" as an input is accepted.
                                5. Violations of the requirements: text field "Street Address" accepts no more than 100 characters (instead of no more than 255 characters are per requirements.
                                6. In the text field "City" data validation is missing: the field should not accept digits only.
                                7. In the section "Contact information" input field "ZIP" accepts 4 numbers, while it should accept 5.
                                8. In the section "Contact information" input field "ZIP" accepts copy-paste more than 5 characters.
                                9. Violations of the requirements: text field "Email" accepts 1063 character (instead of 255 characters are per requirements).
                                10. Text field "Email" has no validation for "@" character. Accepts all random inputs, doesn't demand "@" sign.
                                11. Button "Clear" is not in operation.
                                • Run the new Energy -telecom page
                                • Type "Portnov" in the first name field
                                • Push the "Clear" button
                                • Observe: the contents of the "Last name" is not cleared. Misleading, confusing error message pops up ("Error 17896- Invalid data request...").
                                12. In the section "Contact information" data validation is missing: the form should not be submitted with digits only.
                                13. In the section #1 "Cell Phone Service" check boxes should be replaced by radio buttons.
                                14. Inconsistency in drop down lists sorting: items in all drop down lists except "High Speed Internet", "Current Provider" are not in alphabetic order.
                                15. Inconsistency in letter case format for all the nouns on the page.
                                16. Inconsistency in punctuation: all the sentences in the test should not have period at the end.
                                17. Tab order violation in the section "Contact information": goes from "First Name" to "Referred to", then to "Last Name".
                                18. Drop down list under the field "State": "Other" option is not applicable.
                                19. Drop down list under the field "State": 50 options of names of the states of the USA should be provided.
                                20. Inconsistency in the drop down list under the field "State": names of the states of Canada are present.
                                21. Buttons "Submit" and "Clear" are not consistent in size and dimension.
                                22. In the section #7 in the last lane, "I am opento..." should be replaced by "I am open to ...".
                                23. In the section #2 labels "International calls included?", "Long distance included?" should have colon sign instead of question mark at the end.
                                24. Implementation of Default Input Form requested.
                                25. In the section "Contact information" the field "Referred by": requirements and presence of an asterisk sign should be defined. (Is it a required field or not).
                                ================================================== ===========================================
                                26. Sales lead e-mail message: "Email" data is lost.
                                27. Sales lead e-mail message: "Referred by" field is not present.
                                28. "Email" field in the section "Contact information" is not working as required: error message is not provided if there's no input.
                                29. In the Section #1 values in the list "Current provider" are not complete: AT@T is missing.
                                Last edited by 11Natali04; 09-16-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X