Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,
    my name is Talap.
    I have a bachelors degree in Computer Systems and Software.
    I used to be high school teacher of Computer Science about 4 years.
    Because of immigration in the US, I am going to change my career here.
    QA is kind of gate to the world of IT, so I love IT!
    In future 5 years I wanna work in a big projects, at least in position of Senior Automation QA Engineer

Comment

• Hello! My name is Vitaly. I graduated from Tiraspol Industrial Economic College in 1996 in Moldova. I worked as an HVAC technician in different companies for 15 years in Moldova. I moved to live in the USA in 2015. Here in the US I found the same job and currently working in a small company. I decided to change my profession because I understood that there were no more opportunities for growth and also I have got professional burnout. I want to try myself in Information Technology. I believe that QA is the best way to get into information technology without any experience in this field. In 5 years I would like to be a senior QA Engineer in a big IT company.
      Last edited by Vitaly22; 09-26-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• My name is Mohamed Abdelhalim.
        I have a Bachelor’s degree in law from my country (Egypt).
        I worked in a maritime shipping agency as an Operation Manger where I took care of all post-contract operations.
        I moved to the US in 2014 and started a food truck business which I shut down during COVID. Right now I’m an Uber driver.
        I thought about changing career because I’m capable of offering more than driving, changing my lifestyle and having a career.
        I choose QA after I learned about the nature of the job and how it fits my abilities as well as market’s demand in that profession.
        In 5 years, I see myself as a Developer.

Comment

• Hello, My name is Lisa. I'm a Business Analyst with proven technical and leadership aptitude in data analysis, data visualization, and financial analysis. I have a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a Certificate in Data Analytics and Visualization from Columbia University. History of successful 5+ years in financial service and accounting in New York City. Looking for a carrier change and considering my background QA would be a great field. Find great satisfaction in collaborating with hard-working, ambitious teams who thrive on solving complex problems.

Comment

• Hell, my name is Elena.
            • I have Masters's degree in Economics. I graduated from Omsk State University, one of the leading universities of our region in my home country.
            • I have been working for Sberbank for ten years as a financial analyst. I always successfully solved the problem of juggling the interests of business owners and bank managers. One wanted to enhance their opportunities by taking more loans. Another wanted to reduce risk. The best loan is an unissued load. When in far 2013, German Gref started to talk about Big Data, I realized that was the begging of the end of financial analysis as a profession. Then I worked as the financial manager for a large enterprise that combined different businesses such as food production, commercial real estate, and hotel business. I prepared financial reports, the consolidated financial statements for banks to meet their requirements.
            • From my perspective, this is not a career change. It is the bridge for professional growth.
            • QA is the easiest way to enter the IT industry and to catch up with the rapidly changing world.
            • In 5 years, I see myself as a Data scientist

Last edited by Ellen; 09-13-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Hi. I'm Volodia.
              I graduated as economist.
              Last 5 years I worked at pizzeria as kitchen staff. Making a lot of pizzas, and now i burnt out.
              Whole my life I like to do something on computer and it's fantastic what people can do with coding. I want to be part of that. So, my choice is QA, because my braine analyze everything, ask about everything. And of course I want to increese my income and work remotely.
              In future I'll do automation tests, keep learning and growing in QA.
              Last edited by Volodia; 09-21-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• 1. I graduated from the University of Service and Economics with a degree in management.
                2. My work experience mainly consists of the Bank department of control and archiving of documentation, documentation manager in an advertising agency.
                3. I stopped working because I decided to immigrate.
                I also wanted to work in an international market.
                4. I often heard from friends about this job and decided to take the course for Software Quality Assurance.
                I have already completed several training projects and got hands in experience.
                I see that this proffession is really interesting for me. It will help bring out many of the qualities that I have such as attention to details, the ability to see the Software through the eyes of the user, the ability to perform routine work...
                5. I am QA career minded

Comment

• My name is Lina.

I have a higher economic education, which allowed me to work in various industries and reach managerial positions.

My work in Russian banks as a manager allowed me to participate in product line development projects, where I partially
                  already performed the work of QA Tester, as I studied the created programs for ease of use by our new clients, searched
                  for errors in programs as minor and improving the work of programs, and serious, which could harm the client because
                  the personal information provided could not be fully protected, and also wrote instructions for use to the programs.
                  I remember that I liked this part of the job.

Therefore, I am ready to use my past experience, learn to do everything competently and carefully and help my new
                  team develop projects and be a successful tester.

Thank you for Your attention,
                  Sincerely yours,
                  Lina

Comment

• I am Yury. I got my education in Europe.

- 1995 I graduated Vocational School majoring in Radio Frequency Engineering.
                    It took me 2 years to get an Associate degree.

- 2000 I graduated State Technical University majoring in Technology, Equipment and Machine-building Automation.
                    I got a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering.

After that I worked for 5 years at the Machine Building Factory as a Software Engineer (Delphi is programming language)
                    2005 relocated to USA.
                    2006-2022 Track driver (may be better to write “dispatch” or “freight broker"?)
                    I am going to change my career because I feel burnt out.
                    Why QA? I can do it well and … I really like it.
                    In 5 years, I want to be someone who makes the difference in Software Testing
                    thanks
                    Last edited by yurymerhes; 10-11-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Hello!
                      My name is Liza.
                      I have an incomplete medical education.
                      I worked in the field of trade for 1.5 years left my job due to moving to the USA.
                      I chose the direction in the field of software testing because I really like to discovery something new this is very good area for training mindfulness and also I like to work with computers.
                      I like to find solutions for a particular problems if I encounter them in the process of work.And this is perfect opportunity to learn the English.
                      For 5 years I still see myself in this area but already more experienced and the person who will strive to learn even more new things.

Comment

• Hello, my name is Oksana.
                        My Education is an Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
                        I was a photographer.
                        My carrier finished due to emigration to the USA.
                        My husband and my friends have a successful experience in QA. I had no choice.
                        In 5 years I see myself as a senior in QA.
                        Last edited by Oksana Sheveleva; 09-20-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Hi, I am Kate.
                          I received a Business Administration BS degree in Ukraine, then I continued to study in the US community college. My major was Office and Medical Info Management, then I received an additional certificate in Accounting since I was working in Billing and A/R. After that, I moved to AP Accounting and worked for a tech company in an amazing team. I enjoyed working in a tech environment and I loved that vibe (smart people around, always learning and growing).

In my accounting role I had an opportunity to test some new tools and features that were introduced and enjoyed working with the support team on the issues.
                          I feel the need for a new challenge and career field change.

My husband and a few of my friends started their IT careers in SQA and we had multiple conversations about it. I did my research and it was giving me more confidence that my personal and professional skills match this field. It employs my natural talent and passion for perfection. I am committed, hard working and detail oriented, I work well with others, I love to learn, I want to grow personally and professionally and make a difference.

I am planning to develop my QA skills and work towards automation. I would love to start with JavaScript and Java in the next couple of years and polish my skills in that direction going forward. In 5 years I am hoping to get Scrum master certification and lead a development team.
                          Last edited by KateBoz; 09-15-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Hello,
                            My name is Victoria.

I hold a Master's degree in English language and literature and I am a Cambridge certified English teacher.

I have been teaching for almost a decade. Currently, I work as a Lead Instructor with the Skills Launch employability program in Canada, where I teach work essential skills and career-focused language for newcomers. While I find my job meaningful and enjoy immensely teaching people from different parts of the world, I feel the need for a new challenge and career field change.

QA software testing has attracted me for several reasons. It is challenging as there are always issues to detect and problems to solve. Also, it is creative: a tester should be innovative and able to think outside the box in order to find inconsistencies. Lastly, QA testers are continuously learning and there is plenty of room for professional growth and development.

I would like to deepen my knowledge in QA Automation and become a QA Lead in the next five years.

Comment

• My name is Alexander.

I have a University degree in Agricultural machinery in Belarus and studied Agrar management in Germany.

During the time of my study in Belarus and a little bit after I was working at my University as a teacher for CAD systems and as a Sysadmin in the CAD computer lab (2000-2003).
                              After my study in Germany, I localized a german agricultural software "Agrar-Office AgroWIN" in Russian. Then I was selling the software and services in Precision Farming for Agricultural producers, provided the training and support for the Software, and made integration projects in Belarus and in Russia.

In 2015 we immigrated to the US and since then I'm a truck driver.

I want to get a job in QA because I love IT. I love to automate the routine. Right now I make a Smart home project at my home. I like when all work like it should be. I like to study new things. I also
                              like to work with smart people like my University colleagues and software engineers in Land-Data Eurosoft.

In 5 years I want to be a senior QA engineer in a high-quality company.
                              Last edited by vitkouski; 09-15-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Hi,
                                My name is Letizia
                                I have a Bachelor degree in History
                                My work experience: 1 year as elementary school teacher, 7 years as at home nurse, 2 years as surgical assistant in the military.
                                I decided to change career from medical to QA because of the ability to work remotely
                                In 5 years I would like to become a software developer.

Comment

Working...
                                X